The Best Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz -- Stage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourTwenny

In Runtime
Ok well quicker than i thought stage 1 was decided on. We have picked the Evga nforce5 680i sli motherboard. Now it is time to decide on the memory we want to plant into this rig. Bare in mind that one of the reasons this motherboard won was because it supported Duel channel DDR2 memory at up to 1200. If you happen to know something like this processor is not fast enough to let the fast ram go hog wild speak up. If not this vote will be coming down to brand only.

Obscene in a good way ? lol Water cooled ram, i am sold its got my vote, also clocked in at 1150. It's got my vote, 2 gigs of it hooked up to water cooling.

hey what type of memory are compatible with the motherboard we decided on cause I would like to know cause I am planing on getting that motherboard.

"The nForce 680i SLI provides 4 DIMM sockets using Dual Channel 240-pin DDR2 with a total capacity of up to 4GB. You can install DDR 533/667/800/1200(SLI-Ready) MHz Memory."

www.tigerdirect.ca

This is the only board i have found so far that supports over 800MHz.

Obscene as in there is no way you will even get a high enough FSB to utilize that watercooled ram to it's full potential.

Pick up the Crucial Balistix DDR2 1000.

I own them, Awesome stuff, Micron D9's, they overclock like Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom