The Best Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz -- Stage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourTwenny

In Runtime
I am taking a census on what the best pieces dollar for dollar are when starting off with the E6600. I could not think of a better way than to vote on piece by piece. We are all to keep in mind we are striving for maximum performance in this pc, Efficiency though is a close 2nd.

For the first step we start with deciding the best matching motherboard for this processor. Vote via comment with a short description of why you think your choice is best, or to disagree with a previous poster.

I will check in daily and will tally votes. After 1 week when the mother board is decided on i will put up a poll for the memory. I would start a pole but there are way to many mobos on the market.

Nvidia's 680i is a great mobo for that chip. That's what I'm going to be running here, as soon as my new comp gets here.

Yes 680i chipset is the "latestes and greatest". Just hasnt proofed itself yet because it is new.

That would be the motherboard to get.

I am considering getting the 680i as well but I have been hearing of some issues with that board that have me a bit concerned.

Yeah, if you go to the evga website though, they just released a bios fix for the sata problem. I figure that by the time I order my stuff around the first week of january, all the boards they will be shipping will have the fix already with most of the kinks worked out. Guess we will see. There are also the Asus boards but I think they are having certain issues as well....

Saint71 said:
I am considering getting the 680i as well but I have been hearing of some issues with that board that have me a bit concerned.

Eh? That don't sound good, I guess I need to start reviewing some more on it.:(

Look's to be a great mb!

Asus' new mobo has the nvidia 680 chip set too, What problems have you been hearing about it, i have always trusted asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom