best i7 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest, the normal evga x58 is more than you'll probably ever use. The classified boards have the n200 chip on them and lots of reports show that it actually causes quite a bit of latency in SLI. I have run tri-sli on the standard evga x58 and other than the board i killed because i was an idiot when leak testing, it has been flawless.

After using a 680i by evga i would prefer to have the ud7. I know evga has really stepped their game up lately but the quality of 680i/780i boards was horrific. I love the gigabyte packaging and colour scheme anyway. but I'm really interested in seeing the P6x58 board's performance, not a fan of the chipset HSF though...

You do realize that the evga x58 has an intel chipset now right? The reason the 680 and 780 had issues was because they were nvidia chipsets which had nothing to do with evga.

What do you suggest for reviews/benches? I've lost faith in anandtech and have never really gotten a good source for information.... tom's usually is the most accurate.

Can you show me something that says why eVGA is better than Asus? I'm not doubting you... I just seriously don't have a better source.

I read reviews from all kinds of sites. But I've found to take them all with a grain of salt. Most of the time a reviewer is given an item and a time limit. And not every mobo is the same, even (2) identical mobo are going to have performance variations and require slightly different settings for optimal performance. So maybe the reviewer was having a bad week, or maybe he/she just isn't as knowledgeable as they should be or there maybe numerous other reasons. I digress, back to the time limit. It took me a couple of weeks to get my system tweaked just right. I know of a couple of different setting that I can adjust and my system will run perfectly stable but at the same time the benchie numbers will drop or rise. And the same setting on a different mobo will probably give a different result. You can't just know this kind of stuff without spending a lot of time with a mobo and you just can't set them all the same and expect true performance results.

I'll finish up with this. There are alot of Overclockers and System Tweakers here. If everyone saved there settings and then let me tweak their systems I bet my settings would be different from everyones elses. The same thing applies to the reviewer, his settings will be different also, or they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom