Best for High Performance PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to start a flamewar or anything, but i just have to ask how something being displayed faster makes the in game actions go any faster. The only thing that FPS affects is the display, not the gameplay.

So your telling me if you have like...2 FPS in CounterStrike, its not going to hurt your gameplay?

Of course it will.
Trust me, the faster your FPS, the faster you will run, and cast, in this game.
:rolleyes:

Having 3 FPS in other games will deffinatly slow you down a lot. Were as the max FPS will give you good, smooth gameplay.

And if I was to go with a XP(On a different hard drive)

What XP should I go with? XP Pro, or XP Home?

And Why?

Dude any fps over 60 will not effect your gameplay. 3 fps is one thing. But the gameplay will be the same at 60 or 500. And even when you have 3 fps the game mechanics run at the same speed, you just cant render it fast enough so large chunkcs of it are missing.

Never played the game? Anyone? Didn't think so.

Log on and see.

200 FPS is Extremely different from 60 fps, 60 FPS cast speed is around 3.4 seconds, 350 FPS cast speed is around 1.8 seconds.

I've been playing this game for 10 years, you guys have no idea what your talking about.

Trying to tell me FPS doesen't effect game play.

Ahahahahaha.

May not in newer games, but in older games, I've seen a extreme difference in game play with FPS.

Someone with 300 FPS will run almost three times the speed as someone with 60 FPS in some older games.

Don't believe me? Log on. Helbreath Rebirth - News

This game is an MMO? Well then your FPS has nothing to do with your hardware and everything to do with your internet connection. With MMOs, and really any game online gameplay is extremely reliant on your internet connection. It's not that your computer is slow, its that your connection has high latency. You cant render whats not there.

And your still not technically correct. Because the FPS isn't the problem, is a symptom of poor connection.

Take World of Warcraft. Graphically speaking it is a very simple game. However even a quad core machine with 4 4870 X2s can get bad fps is the connection is crappy. Your OS wont fix latency issues. If you want to resolve that then I would call your ISP and complain if I were you.

Now on a single player game fps is totally hard ware dependent and above 60 fps does not affect gameplay AT ALL.

Just a guess but being a older game it might of originally been set up to just run as fast as it could so newer computers would run the game much faster. Kind of like a old strategy game I use to play, it was impossible to play on highest speed because it had no cap on speed and newer computers just ran so fast everything would move to quick. So its probably not actually the fps that matters but since your fps is also faster on a faster computer it seems like that.
That or the game is just weird.

Also you could dual boot. thats what I do with XP and Vista (32bit) but honestly I never use XP anymore because I haven't had any major issues with Vista (32bit, 64bit I did with unsigned drivers) and Vista is purtier.

ive also been running running vista for about a year, 32 bit, but just got an extra 2gb ram for fre with a order (stuffed up) im going to get 64 bit. never had any problems and i also find vista alot easier to use then xp, i like alot of the features they have implemented.

also of course fps doesnt alter gameplay especially on mmo's. if people played at different speeds how would it be fair? because a 60hz tv runs slightly faster in frame rate then a 50hz does that mean ur favorite show is over quicker? i think not.

simply put

your monitor can only display frames per second at the speed of your monitors refresh rate...

which is if at its full res (and is an lcd) is more than like 60hz = 60 fps

andddd not only that... if you happen to be bouncing over 60 fps constantly while leaving vsync off.. you get something called page tearing

I've tested it for the past 10 years, log on and see.

I've tested with people the same ping as me, even in the same room as me, with different/better computers.

More FPS = Casting faster, running faster, in this game.

I understand what you guys are saying, and I know all of this.
But in this game, it makes a difference. Log on and see, my ping is fine.

But anyways, I get more FPS in other programs such as recording programs with hardware acceleration off,...With Hardware acceleration on, I get around 3-4 FPS, With it off, I get around 30 FPS.

It makes a difference.

XP Pro or XP Home?:confused:

It probably is just some odd issue with this 10yr old game. That's an extremely old game and the technologies were not what they are today. The old game is probably measuring FPS differently than newer applications would. You are probably right that in that game FPS is somehow making a difference, but it is probably a distorted measurement of FPS, as FPS traditionally would not affect the gameplay if it is over 60fps.

It sounds like a very poorly coded and unfair game if it allows people with better hardware to have a speed advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom