BEST Harddrives!! Need your vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, OnlyCurious if you want performance I said get a Raptor instead, they are a little pricier but are worth it if you want a performance boost in the OS. Anyway I would definitely go with the 500GB HD.

DONT GET A RAPTOR
for the price you can RAID 0 two drives and get just as much performance increase and ALOT more storage

i hate raptors POS if you ask me

DONT GET A RAPTOR
for the price you can RAID 0 two drives and get just as much performance increase and ALOT more storage

i hate raptors POS if you ask me

Yeah, I heard raptors were overpriced too and wasn't worth the price for performance.

san21893, Dell (cries in corner) <<<< HAHAHAHAH

Yeah man the Dell thing lol, I'm starting my first build now, perfect timing I guess as my comp gets worse and worse.

On the hdd subject, why are raptors pos's?

I'm sure he doesn't literally mean POS... it's just too expensive for what it does... not worth the price.

Look at this
Newegg.com - Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
Newegg.com - Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

****, 36gb hdd for $100... that's crap. $200 for 150gb hdd.... you can get two 500gb hdd and put them into RAID with $200, Raptors are not worth it

y's everyone always sayin to get the spinpoints now. is it just becoz uwant sumthin diff or they actually perfrom better. coz ive always seen as the samsung being slightly slower than the seagates. plus seagate better name :)

baron5 said:
y's everyone always sayin to get the spinpoints now. is it just becoz uwant sumthin diff or they actually perfrom better. coz ive always seen as the samsung being slightly slower than the seagates. plus seagate better name

Sometimes I like mixing it up. I don't like repeating the same components, for long periods of time. Yes, the Seagate is good...or those redundant HZs, but there are others out there, that can do the same, just as well. The DS3R is getting pretty repetitive, and the P5K seems to be a nice alternative. Or the MSI P35 Platinum, if you want some features.

I believe the Seagate 7200.10 drives are some of the fastest 7200RPM drives out
except for the new Seagate 7200.11 drives, which have a maximum of over 100MB/s sustained transfer rate. Plus they have 32MB cache, and have 5 year warranties.

Seagate's website says they're supposed to come in 1TB, 750GB and 500GB. However I've only seen 1TB 7200.11 drives so far.

That being said, I'd still take a 7200.10 drive over any other drive, with the exception of a Raptor (or, of course, a 7200.11 drive). But I wouldn't get a Raptor by itself (not enough space)

I'll be waiting on the Seagate 7200.11 500GB. How much do you think it will cost? Maybe $100-150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom