BEST Harddrives!! Need your vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not worried about the non-fault tolerance of RAID 0, then go ahead and get the two 250s.

If it were me, I would just go for the single 500GB HDD, because I don't care about the couple seconds waiting time difference.

Yup, OnlyCurious if you want performance I said get a Raptor instead, they are a little pricier but are worth it if you want a performance boost in the OS. Anyway I would definitely go with the 500GB HD.

i use mine for watching movies...gaming.. i know in everyday use its like useless..but for intensive games like say oblivion or bfxxxx, i think 2 hard drives helps a lot in terms of loading time...

yeah i guess but whats a few seconds extra in loading time? 30 seconds wouldn't even really be a big deal to me. i guess its just personal preference.

the best of both worlds...raid 0 and a backup...

i just got my 500gb seagate 7200.10, and i couldn't be happier backing up all my files into it..while using the raid 0 for performance

why does everyone talk about hard drive failure so much with raiding ( does it mean raiding the drives lowers the lifespan or what? ). I had this crappy compaq 7200 rpm hd for 4 years now and it hasnt failed once, yet all my friends hard drives constantly die out...what gives?

its not that it fails more..its just a lot worse when it fails...your data is split up into 2 drives...so if one fails...that other drive is useless since it only has half the data on it

It's just that if one goes down, all data is lost between the two hard drives...but now a days, hard drives don't fail as much, I think. RAIDing I imagine, doesn't decrease lifespan, only load times.

so...how hard will it be to get 2 seagates 7200.10 hard drives and Raid em 0? Ill be doing the hardware type of Raid right?

yea your most mobos today support hardware raid...it won't be hard...but if u use 2 big hds for raid..its gonna cost a bit of cash...im only using 160's to raid and i get a total of 298GB...

and the data is unreadable...

data can't be read-------------------when its split up
like this cuz it doesn't----------------know wtf is going on

yea your most mobos today support hardware raid...it won't be hard...but if u use 2 big hds for raid..its gonna cost a bit of cash...im only using 160's to raid and i get a total of 298GB...

and the data is unreadable...

data can't be read-------------------when its split up
like this cuz it doesn't----------------know wtf is going on

Lol thanks,

that was a------------------nice diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom