Best hard drive I can get for under 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanwest09872

Solid State Member
Ok From the information that I have gathered I have Gotten a good idea of what I want.

1.Intel x25 (e or m) 250MBs
2.Velo Raptor drive 110MBs
3. Average SATA drive 80MBS

Now the question I have is. I an ultra 320 scsi faster then the intel x25

From what I have read I see that they can go to a max of 320 MBs Which is increadibly fast imo.
Just an idea of the parts that I am looking at.

Adaptec 29320LPE Single Channel Ultra 320 SCSI Controller - 2250300-R - Buy.com for the contoller card. It has to go in pci express 1x which I heard wasnt a problem because it can go the full 320 MBs

Newegg.com - Fujitsu MBA3147NP 147GB 15000 RPM 8MB Cache SCSI Ultra320 68pin Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives this would be the type of drive I would go for. I may not go with fuji but something along that line.

Ok so is scsi faster then the intel ssd drive. And can i install an os on the intel drive. I thank you in advance for your help.

Ps if there is a better Hdd out there to hook up to my pc that will install an os please let me know.

Ok but why. Im not trying to sound like a jerk I just wanna know why. Where everything I read said that the ultra 320 is 70 MBs faster. Please explain your decision. Is the SSD better at something else like reading or writing. I just wanna make sure I have the best of the best for about 1k

i'm just saying that's what i would do. i have had conventional 4 hdd's fail on me in the past year. ssd's dont fail as much as a hdd that spins. but that's just what i would do.

Sorry I should have stated this sooner

I already have 3 drives one 250 gig one 500 and one external 160. I plan on getting 2 more. a cavalier black which from what I heard is the fastest Sata drive out. Besides the velo raptors and they go to 1t. I can get it cheep also. So I will use the better one for my os and teh cavalier black for my games or par or win.rar or dvd burning. Another thing I am debating is getting one really good one and getting 2 velo rap that would cost about 1200 but that would mean I would have a killer Os drive and a killer gaming drive not sure yet.

But please let me know what si better ultra 320 scsi or ssd. and reasons why you think

i should also mention Im getting a 250k settlement soon thats why im doing this. I want the best pc in my home town. I want the best pc in all of new york :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom