Best graphics card for under $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa

Baseband Member
Right now i have an nvidia 8800 GTS 512 mb (g92 core) and i was wondering...what would be a good card to replace this yet still have it be under 200 dollars, i will probably be selling this 8800 as well so how much would that bring me in as well?

Yeah, if you're going to upgrade from that card, you need something more than 200 bucks...

But if you're set on it, I would find a nice 9800GTX+. Personal opinion though.

Find a deal on gtx260 core216 or 4870 1gb or better is what I would do if your dead set on upgrading.

I mean isn't the 8800gts 512mb basically the same thing as the 9800gtx? And the 9800gtx+ is just a die shrink with a little higher clocks? And the 4850 is around that performance level to.

well from what i'm hearing, the price can go up more since the 8800 will bring me in around $150 at least ( ? ) and my monitor should be ordered soon, i have to wait for the money to go from my paypal into my bank... I probably won't buy the graphics card right away anyways..maybe i'll buy a new mother board.. and having two graphics cards is only useful on two monitors right?

If your running two games on two different monitors.Maybe Then SLIng/Crossfiring GTX 260's/4870's would come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom