Best graphics card for $200-$300

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I have made a lot of posts on what 2 buy this past week cause this is my first custom built pc.. and i am very close to spending the 400 i have saved up, to upgrade my old dell dimension. I was just deciding which graphics card to get for an agp system ($200-$300) I really want to get a cheaper card, but i was just wondering if i should get a 6800gs. I have already asked a similar question, but now I am broadening the price range. I can either get the 6800 gs with a whole bunch of goodies or buy a better card and have nothing else (like cooling) to go along with it. Thanks 4 any support or answers u give. Its really appreciated.... :D :) :) :)

Right on. If you're planning on upgrading the whole system w/in a year, get a 6600GT or something. If not, spring for the 7800GS, and it'll last you a lot longer.

Ryan

There is no competition for the 7800GS, and it's already dropped from $350 to $300, so don't expect it to drop to much anytime soon. The 6800GS AGP ($200) is an alternative if you can't afford the 7800GS.

6800GS AGP unlocks and overclockes to 6800GS PCI-E performance, so thats a good option, definately.

7800GS is ok, but I personally don't think its worth the money. To my knowledge, it doesn't unlock.

Green Radience said:
6800GS AGP unlocks and overclockes to 6800GS PCI-E performance, so thats a good option, definately./B]

There is virtually no performance difference between AGP and PCI-E. PCI-E just has a bigger power output then an AGP slot has.

But like said before, if you plan on upgrading sometime this year or early next year get a 6800GS, but if you don't plan on get a 7800GS which overclocks really well from what I heard.

Beefcake said:
There is virtually no performance difference between AGP and PCI-E. PCI-E just has a bigger power output then an AGP slot has.
Noo, actually it has 4gb/s of bandwidth upstream and downstream, where as agp has 2gb/s of bandwidth downstream and 1gb/s upstream, but that really makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom