Best E6400 Mobo W/ Sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneTone

Baseband Member
I'm just wondering what if the best mobo I can get with a E6400 and I would like to overclock a little but not too much, budget is around 100-200 for the motherboard.

No, don't get the P5NSLI, besides the problems I had for it not supporting SLI, it's a horrible motherboard for overclocking, at least, again, with my setup, all I've seen is problems trying to run it at anything but stock with one card.

I'd suggest this motherboard, it's been found by everyone I've seen to be an exceptional motherboard that overclocks well, and I believe it works excellently with Allendale processors (6300/6400's).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131045
mind you, it isn't specified as SLI, but there are hacked SLI drivers for those chipsets, if you're so inclined.

Good luck, in any case.

I was thinking about that mobo too but the only problem is that it doesnt support SLI which i may want later in the future. Will that mobo be compatible with future parts and such?

yes, it will be, as much as any motherboard at this point in time, as I mentioned, there are hacked SLI drivers for intel chipsets like that motherboard, current SLI offerings for Core 2 Duo are most likely incorporated using "upgraded" versions of nforce 4 SLI chipsets, which aren't very good overclockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom