Best Customer Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Even though I didnt get what I wanted, they still had the best Customer Service out there. Heres my entire conversation with newegg chat customer service.....

I deleted some personal info that I dont think should be here so here it is:

The ones inside the [ ] are the ones I edited including my name....

Chat InformationPlease wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
Chat InformationThank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Grace. How may I assist you today?
Grace: Hi! Thanks for contacting us. How can I help you today?
[PinoyPlaya]: Hi
[PinoyPlaya]: my name is [PinoyPlaya]
Grace: Hello!
[PinoyPlaya]: On May 23rd 2007, i ordered a lot of stuff at newegg
[PinoyPlaya]: However, one of those items are not functioning correctly
Grace: Yes, please.
[PinoyPlaya]: The Graphics Card I bought which was the 8800GTS 640MB seems to be overheating
Grace: Could I have the order number please?
[PinoyPlaya]: [Order # Here]
Grace: One moment; let me get that information for you.
[PinoyPlaya]: I have done an RMA on the website but I do have one question.
Grace: Yes, please.
[PinoyPlaya]: The graphics card i bought with the item number N82E16814130071
[PinoyPlaya]: would it be possible to RMA it due to its issues and get a different item as a replacement, a more expensive card?
[PinoyPlaya]: I was thinking of getting this item as the replacement and just pay the difference
[PinoyPlaya]: N82E16814143080
Grace: We are sorry but we do not do exchange, we only refund or replace the items.
[PinoyPlaya]: So its not possible even though I will pay the price difference?
Grace: We deeply apologize for the inconvenience
[PinoyPlaya]: It seems that my motherboard is not supporting the graphics card I bought from newegg properly
[PinoyPlaya]: thus resulting in overheating
Grace: I see, one moment please, I would consult this with my leader.
[PinoyPlaya]: Thanks, I would really appreciate that.
Grace: We apologize for this unpleasant situation. Please kindly note that item #14-130-071 has a 30-day refund and 1-year replacement warranty through Newegg. After checking your account, we show that the item has been expired its refund warranty coverage. We apologize for being unable to issue the refund RMA at this time.
[PinoyPlaya]: I understand, but I do not wish to have a refund, I only wish to replace the item with a different one that is very well supported by my motherboard.
Grace: Please kindly note that we are not able to exchange the item for another model, we only refund or replace the item with the same kind or model.
[PinoyPlaya]: If i get the item replaced with the same exact product, the issue will remain unsolved due to the fact that the item is overheating due to the motherboard not supporting it
[PinoyPlaya]: So if I get a replacement item and the same problem occurs, will I have to send the item again for a replacement?
[PinoyPlaya]: If that was the case, then I basically have to keep resending the item and RMA it over and over again until my one year replacement has expired
Grace: Yes. We truly understand this. However, if we were to refund it, we will take a loss for the item.
[PinoyPlaya]: Right, but I am not asking for a refund, I am asking for a replacement and pay the difference. You are basically not losing any profit as I will be buying a more expensive card.
[PinoyPlaya]: So if I get a replacement RMA, will the new replaced item qualify for a 30 day refund?
Grace: With the approval by our supervisor, we would like to change the RMA to a refund with restocking fee when you purchase a new item with the same or higher value as the exception.
Grace: I would leave a note on your account and you may simply offer the new order number for us to change the RMA type.
[PinoyPlaya]: So will the you will refund my account or will I just get a credit on newegg that I can use towards a new item?
Grace: We would then refund to your original payment.
[PinoyPlaya]: I really do not request for a refund considering that I used my parents credit card to make my newegg purchase. And my parents are on a vacation in the Philippines and I do not have access to the card.
[PinoyPlaya]: will it be possible that I can get a newegg credit of some sort on my account that I can use towards my next purchase?
[PinoyPlaya]: Some sort of a gift card?
Grace: I can truly understand your concerns, but Newegg does not offer any sort of in-store credit. All refunds/credits are issued back on to your original payment method.
[PinoyPlaya]: And this has a 15% restocking fee?
Grace: Yes, since the item has been expired its warranty coverage, we made the exception to change to a refund.
[PinoyPlaya]: Ahh, well I appreciate the help you provided me but after thinking about it, with a 15% restocking fee applied which is $52.50 from a $349.99 purchase giving me only $297.50 back to my parents card, and the new card I was gonna buy cost $529.99 causing me to pay $231.00 more towards a card.
[PinoyPlaya]: But getting the motherboard replaced will probably be the best choice as it is still covered under a two year replacement plan at my local store.
Grace: We are really sorry but this is what we can do on this issue. Please understand that this is an exception to issue you the refund.
[PinoyPlaya]: Though, I appreciate your help. I will continue to shop at newegg especially after the support you have given me.
[PinoyPlaya]: Will it be possible to cancel my RMA as I will not be needing it anymore?
Grace: Please simply disregard the RMA; it will automatically void after two weeks.
Grace: You may contact us if you have any questions.
Grace: We thank you again for your understanding!
[PinoyPlaya]: I once again. I thank you for your help. Great customer service by the way.
Grace: Thank you for contacting us. I hope you have an Eggcellent day!
[PinoyPlaya]: I will be leaving now, Good Night!
Grace: Good bye!

LOL even though I lied a bit about my motherboard and graphics not supporting it correctly and what not. Best customer service out there and I will continue to shop here for all my computer supplies :D And anything else that I may find.

But I dont think its worth an extra $250.00 to upgrade from 8800GTS 640MB to 8800GTX, or is it?

ummm with your current monitor.. your 88000gts should do you fine for a while.... well actually... if you wanna play crysis later down the line.. you just may need it ;)

ummm with your current monitor.. your 88000gts should do you fine for a while.... well actually... if you wanna play crysis later down the line.. you just may need it ;)

may need what? the 8800 gtx? well i cant get it cuz im getting an extra 2gb g.skill ram.

But ill probably skip the 8800gtx and go with the 9800gtx hehe :D

Ummm...let me give you some advice.
You do NOT need 4gb of ram.
If I were you, i would consider in getting the gfx instead of spending the money on the ram.
Or you could just stick with the card you have, wait untill nvidia released their new batch.
Hopefully the 8800 prices will drop...it should. Then you could grab the gtx or just get their newer series.

The extra ram wont benefit a lot in gaming as it would by getting the gtx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom