Best CPU for Gaming Purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to go for watercooling then building a custom kit is best. It may sound daunting at first but it's not...and lots of us have experience with water here and can help you pick stuff out.

Making your own water cooling setup is actually much more simple than I'm betting you'd imagine it is. You'd also save a HEAP of money, but if money isn't as much of an object of concern, that Zalman Reserator is a top-notch unit.

Also, Intel won't let you down. I wish I was lying when I say this, but you may not even be able to make it work past 80% capacity on stock settings. Overclock it to 3.6ghz, and you may not be able to get it past 50-60% load. It will eat up anything you throw at it, and I say that with confidence.

A custom kit? Can u give me an example and would it out-perform the zalman xt?

Edit: I live in Houston and it gets freaking hot during the Summer so i have to turn up my AC's cooling potential because of my hot pc + hot weather i just need some top noch cooler that'll bring down the heat.

Many other members here can help you more about making a custom water-cooling setup, however, if made well, it can surely work well-enough. Better than the Zalman, I'm not sure, but that isn't necessary to ensure system performance and overall system life and longevity. If you ask me, the Zalman unit is overkill, in a sense.

-DarkPacMan77-

The Zalman reserator isn't even a good watercooler, it's for looks and silence.

A custom kit will drastically outperform it in every way.

Hey, for watercooling advice, and great stickies. Head over to XtremeSystems Forums - Powered by vBulletin

A guy name Maxxracer over there has some great stickies in the liquid cooling thread. I have built 2 watercooled rigs now, one basic, and one with dual rads and an iwaki pump with 2 gpus and cpu in loop. I'm buying a mountain mods case to put it all in so I can split the loops once I have some time here soon. My other wc'd rig is just a clear dual bay rez, mcp655, apogee gt and mcr-220 with push pull all in a CM690 case. I use a zalman fan controller for all the fans and keep everything low. I have my E6600 in there oc'd to 3.4 and it stays around 40-50 between idle and load. But again, I have the fans on the rad barely spinning. They are the Kaze Jyun 110cfm ones that can I can really crank up if I need to but there is not point. That comp is just for daily tasks.

I also just built another Q6600 rig for my band to use in recording and though I didn't watercool now, I bought a D-Tek fuzion with nozzle kit and used the mounting hardware to mount a zalman 9500. That way, when we have the need to OC, I can take the zalman off, and mount the chip block along with all the other watercooling componants without having to remove the mobo. And yes, I had to cut some fins and the tips of the fan on the 9500 to get it to fit with the long D-Tek bolts, but it works fine. I haven't even Oc'd it because with protools Le running 45 tracks with plug-ins, I have not pushed past 70%! Q6600 is a beast!

im happy with my 9750.

i have it running at 3.2 right now, with an arctic freezer pro. running on a DFI P35 DK T2RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom