Best Conroe Build at around $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have a computer of 5 years and the only thing that I could possibly think of of bringing to a newer computer is my Graphics Card, Network Card, Sound Card, USB ports and DVD+CD Drives.

During the summer I'm planning to work originally for the iPhone. I thought to myself that upgarding to a Core 2 Duo from a Pentium 4 would be much more beneficial than buying an iPhone when I already have an 80gb iPod and a RAZR cell phone.

Can someone build me a build/buy list off newegg.com that is complete? Some kind of goals that I need to work for so I know that price range. Typically I want it to be around $600 but if you could get a better deal for more or less then shoot away.

The build should be around the Conroe CPU.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
- I have a graphics card at 8x AGP. I can forfeit it though but if you have a mb with AGP + PCI Express would be a good deal.

he does need a gpu unless he can find a pci-expressx16 to agpx8 adapter they do exist but are extremely rare I use to know a site but now they have topped supplying them.

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5
Motherboard - Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev1.3)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
RAM - 2 x 1GB G. Skill DDR2-800 NQs
Graphics - Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
Power Supply - Rosewill RP550 550W
Hard drive - Western Digital 250GB 16mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

This comes to $687.43....but if you drop the hard drive and optical, and just use the ones from your older computer, the price will come just under $600.

that's a very nice budget build right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom