Best Computer case

the ping was just to the server where you did the test. youre going to be pinging to different servers and have different pings when you game. there is no discernible difference. for that test, you would probably pay $100 to take it down to 19ms. it's a waste of money. buying this is a waste of money, and would be less of a waste of money than buying a super specialty BEASTLY EXTREME NIC.
Actually, a NIC like the Killer doesn't do anything if you have a decent PC. Pings depend entirely on your connection and the server you connect to and nothing more. The only way those cards grant FPS is if the card is offloading networking from the CPU.

Actually, a NIC like the Killer doesn't do anything if you have a decent PC. Pings depend entirely on your connection and the server you connect to and nothing more. The only way those cards grant FPS is if the card is offloading networking from the CPU.

the test rig here Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card Review - Overclockers Club was decent.

pings are affected by hardware, a smallest bit. let's go with 1%.

those cards offload to the nic, and do give a few fps more.

let's just all agree that it's a waste of money. for anyone that has a budget to work with, everything else in the case would benefit from that $75.

not that it really matters. theyre old and no one even sells them anymore.

Pings rely only entirely on your connection, period. There is no way a piece of networking hardware in your computer can magically speed up the communication process from your PC through your ISP and their servers, through the servers ISP and local network. No way at all. It relies entirely on server destination and ISP. Playing a game there are so many variations on your ping that nobody can simply prove this piece of hardware increases ping. Local network transfers and CPU offload? Sure, easy, just like any other dedicated NIC. But ping? No way.

On to the topic of cases! I've built me a Rig and I went for the i5 3570K and popped a Noctua NH-D14 on top of it after many positive reviews. The case i Use is an NZXT Lexa S. I've Overclocked to 4.5GHz stable and my temps Idle at about 25-26C under full load 68C. my ambient room temp is about 21 so for the long term this case keeps everything cool while having ample room for my MASSIVE cooler! the harddrive bays are spun round vertically aswell to make room for Super long GPU's its all you need in Jet Black inside an out 4 fans out of the box and lovely blue lighting. I HIGHLY recommend this case. Hope this helps!
It helps a lot thanks!

the ping was just to the server where you did the test. youre going to be pinging to different servers and have different pings when you game. there is no discernible difference. for that test, you would probably pay $100 to take it down to 19ms. it's a waste of money. buying this is a waste of money, and would be less of a waste of money than buying a super specialty BEASTLY EXTREME NIC.

I want that cooler!! Lol jk, thanks man I'm very new to the whole PC/Pc gaming world and I'm not sure what helps and what doesn't. Yeah and today I tried it again and my ping was 5ms so yeah isn't really reliable.

Last edited:
Pings rely only entirely on your connection, period. There is no way a piece of networking hardware in your computer can magically speed up the communication process from your PC through your ISP and their servers, through the servers ISP and local network. No way at all. It relies entirely on server destination and ISP. Playing a game there are so many variations on your ping that nobody can simply prove this piece of hardware increases ping. Local network transfers and CPU offload? Sure, easy, just like any other dedicated NIC. But ping? No way.
Hey Mguire I was looking for RAM kits that will fit the color scheme of my mobo and found this (Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9) just wondering if this is the same as my previous kit or is it worse ?

Speed is faster but timings are looser. Kind of a catch 22 there, but wont be noticed.

Just so you know there is a multi-quote button. Hit that button on each person you want to quote and the last one hit the quote button so all quotes can be seen in one post to avoid clutter.

Speed is faster but timings are looser. Kind of a catch 22 there, but wont be noticed.

Just so you know there is a multi-quote button. Hit that button on each person you want to quote and the last one hit the quote button so all quotes can be seen in one post to avoid clutter.
If it was your rig which would you get? Sorry for all the questions, this will probably be one of the last since most everything is settled. Sure, next time I will use multi-quote.

Back
Top Bottom