Best Ati company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_B

Solid State Member
after doing more searching on my system I think I'm set on the 4870x2 card. But question is, who's the best manufacturer? And is any company worth it over another for the price difference? 4870x2 can be had for 489 by sapphire, everyone else is above 5.

Aside from ATI themselves my experience with Sapphire and Diamond have been the best. It's about a 1-in-9 failure if I were to estimate. Asus isn't too bad either. Worst company is Powercolor. They're RMA worthy almost half the time.

I can tell you I loved my HIS x1800gto. They pretty much guranteed you could flash it to a xl and overclock it like crazy on the stock IceQ3 cooler. I had like 40% gain in performance.

Aside from ATI themselves my experience with Sapphire and Diamond have been the best. It's about a 1-in-9 failure if I were to estimate. Asus isn't too bad either. Worst company is Powercolor. They're RMA worthy almost half the time.

wait.. what? :D that's a tarrible ratio

I've had good experience with Sapphire, although they put dinky, noisy fans on most of their cards.. but the customer service is good

:freak:New egg took down the 489.99 4870x2!:snob:

HIS:$519
Power cooler, Vision tek,Gigabyte,Diamond:$529
Sapphire:$549 :eek:

I hear Vision Tek has a lifetime warranty? Sounds pretty dang good to me, as I don plan on upgrading if I get this card for at least another 3 years:)

I would not personally deal with Vision Tek, they are kind of a seedy company in my opinion and do not honor warranties in addition to having sub-par customer service. I love Sapphire though, I have only had one card fail on me after a year of heavy abuse, and I got it replaced in just about two weeks, no questions asked.

well, i dont know how much help i'd be but im getting a 4850 from sapphire, ill tell you how it is if i get it before you make your decision...just waiting for the money to actually get into my bank account.

Tom's Hardware just did an article on this. They recommended the MSI or the Sapphire. But they said:
ASUS Most overclock potential
MSI Best Cooler
Sapphire Best Value

There was one other brand but I forgot what they said about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom