Best AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with the 6800GS personally. It's probably the last remaining good AGP card left.

Forget about the 7800GS or whatever they are calling it. The 7800 series is ment for PCI express... Wait unti you're ready to upgrade to PCI express and buy a 7800GT or whatever is new at the time.

Thanks for the info guys, I ended up buying a Leadtek Winfast A400GT TDH GeForce 6800GT 256MB DDR3. Should be enough to keep me going until I upgrade to a pci-e board.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
6800GS has been released in AGP format. In fact, I know that monarch computer has it in stock. They have the eVGA brand model too. Personally, I'd sit on my hands until newegg got the eVGA model in.

Ryan

Not sure about the AGP, but the eVGA's PCI-E 6800GS was missing some packaging and there were lots of reviews about it, so that's probably why it got removed. I haven't checked for the AGP version, though.

Actualy what he bought kicks the *** of any AGP card availible right now i believe. (Because the Ultra was discontinued) Mind i ask where you bought that GT at? Does it have the huge copper heatsink like mine?

HIS Excalibur Radeon X800 XT IceQ II - 256 MB VIVO (AGP)

HIS-ICE80XP-3I-ZAM - 500 MHz GPU - 256MB GDDR3 (1000MHz) - DVI/VGA - TV out - Bulk

ATI Radeon X800 XT
Core Clock: 500 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 16
Fill Rate: 8000 Mtexels/sec
Memory: 256 MB GDDR3 - 1000 MHz clock
Bus width: 256 bits
Peak Bandwidth: 32.0 GB/sec
AGP 8X
Dual display support with HYDRAVISION™
SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1
SMARTSHADER™ 2.1
HYPER™Z
VGA – DVI – TV out - ViVo
IceQ II cooling system

its pretty good card, good core and good memory with a 1000mhz effective clock... only dwnside is that it takes 2 slots...

but you could always go for the Asus N6600GT /TD - 128 MB (AGP)
its really good, but only with 128mb gddr3

I bought a boxed one on ebay for USD$260. Here in Australia was a couple of hundred more - I'm happy as long as I don't have any problems with the card!

yeah, yeah I know Ebay :) but i thought i'd take the gamble since i won't be upgrading this computer any further (it'll take over htpc duties in the next upgrade cycle) it won't arrive until the end of this week but it is new and boxed and comes with everything you'd get over the shelf (incl that huge HSF!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom