Best 750 Watt PSU (BANG FOR BUCK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Can anyone reccomend the best possible 750 Watt + PSU that has the most bang for buck? I'm generally a cheapy, but I don't want to mess up on a PSU since my current one is apparently dead... as explained in this thread http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/system-not-starting-up-153432/

If you can help me in the thread with troubleshooting my PC that would be great, but otherwise I'll just check out a new PSU

EDIT: by the way, I plan on running dual 8800 gts' 320 MBs in a SLI configuration, and so cannot go below 750 Watts

Can anyone reccomend the best possible 750 Watt + PSU that has the most bang for buck? I'm generally a cheapy, but I don't want to mess up on a PSU since my current one is apparently dead... as explained in this thread http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/system-not-starting-up-153432/

If you can help me in the thread with troubleshooting my PC that would be great, but otherwise I'll just check out a new PSU

EDIT: by the way, I plan on running dual 8800 gts' 320 MBs in a SLI configuration, and so cannot go below 750 Watts

Hands down...

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Black) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail

0_0 200 dollars? hmmm any other choices for a bit lower? more in the 160 range? I have enough for that... but would like something a bit lower... and multiple choices since I'll have to buy retail incase the retailers near me (MicroCenter, Bestbuy, Circuit City) don't carry the one you posted

In my opinion, you don't need that much of a power supply. Since we're heading towards components, that consume less power. I would suggest the Corsair 620HX, or PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w. They can easily power any system, with lots of room for future upgrades. Then again, it's your choice. So if you're looking for 700W, be my guess. The FSP (Fortron Source) are pretty good.

In my opinion, you don't need that much of a power supply. Since we're heading towards components, that consume less power. I would suggest the Corsair 620HX, or PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w. They can easily power any system, with lots of room for future upgrades. Then again, it's your choice. So if you're looking for 700W, be my guess. The FSP (Fortron Source) are pretty good.

well I thought NVIDIA siad 750 Watts was the minimum for dual 8800 gts', I was going by that, but whatever works with that is fine

A 1200 Watt PSU for only 169? Sounds like one of those crappy ones?

That is extremely unhelpful.

If you don't have a serious reply then don't post....

At any rate, I would take a look at the Power supply guide linked in my signature..

Like B1 Said, you don't need 750 Watts for sli GTS's.

Try 600 Max.. IF even that....

Ok cool thanks, I guess I'll just pick up an OCZ PSU from Microcenter, I saw some that had some decent rebates on them, can someone reccomend a price range I should look for within 600 watt PSU's? I know that you can't guarentee that the PSU will be good based on price, but anything helps

That is extremely unhelpful.

If you don't have a serious reply then don't post....

At any rate, I would take a look at the Power supply guide linked in my signature..

Like B1 Said, you don't need 750 Watts for sli GTS's.

Try 600 Max.. IF even that....

should I have added commentary?

I believe it fit his requirements:
750+W
around $160

And it fit the other requirement he seemed to have:
Overkill

Its "open box" is why its so cheap. It goes for about 330 bucks otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom