Best 22" LCD Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In typical viewing situations the contrast ratio is significantly lower due to the reflection of light from the surface of the display, making it harder to distinguish between different devices with very high contrast ratios." So, in essence, you're paying $80 more for something that will look the almost the exact same in normal rooms. The stats on paper look nice, sure, but real world usage will look the exact same. Just as a reference, theaters normally have a contrast ratio of 500:1 and I think they look pretty **** good.

Well i really notice the difference in contrast between my old 17" mitsubishi @ 400:1 and my new Asus 22" @ 2000:1. the old one looks totally washed out in comparison.

Well i really notice the difference in contrast between my old 17" mitsubishi @ 400:1 and my new Asus 22" @ 2000:1. the old one looks totally washed out in comparison.

Contrast ratio isn't the only thing that makes a monitor look nice. I'm certain your 17" had a crappy brightness spec. Also some people have their settings completely messed up. For example, a kid on my dorm floor last year had his brightness and contrast set at 100% and it completely washed things out like you explained, but he didn't care to mess with the settings and just left it like that, and of course when he saw mine he thought it looked much better. Some monitors have different default settings and some people just don't bother to change settings, so I assume your Asus had decent default settings, and your mitsubishi had everything on full.

Contrast ratio isn't the only thing that makes a monitor look nice. I'm certain your 17" had a crappy brightness spec. Also some people have their settings completely messed up. For example, a kid on my dorm floor last year had his brightness and contrast set at 100% and it completely washed things out like you explained, but he didn't care to mess with the settings and just left it like that, and of course when he saw mine he thought it looked much better. Some monitors have different default settings and some people just don't bother to change settings, so I assume your Asus had decent default settings, and your mitsubishi had everything on full.

Nope, they werent. I had two of them and they were very good monitors for the time. And trust me i played around with every setting possible.

I know contrast ratio isnt everything, i was just saying that the contrast difference is really noticeable. For example, white is alot whiter and black is alot blacker on the asus.

I just exchanged my Samsung 225BW to a Gateway FPD2275W and its great so far. No dead pixels and the text are much better than they are compared to the samsung ones. Im loving it, no dead pixels also hehe.

Just got the Chimei 22" monitor monday and its great. No dead pixels and a sharper image than any 22" ive seen yet. I love it and it was worth every penny. Anyone that says this monitor sucks is just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom