Best 22" LCD Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the **** is the logic in this post? Chimei (as of december of last year) is the third largest LCD panel maker. They are a quality brand. They also have the same 3 year limited warranty, so again I'm confused on your logic.

sigh, I didnt mean it like that I own a KDS monitor that is 15 inches. I am stating I purchase a monitor every 5-6 years. I owned a KDS 15 INCH, 17 INCH HP, and now a 19 INCH samsung. I am looking to get the 22BW, if am going to spend 209 AR, I might as well get the best for only 80 dollars more? Wtf 80 dollars thats a days work? And I dont know if Chimei is an excellent brand, who cares if they are the third largest LCD panel maker, makes no point a good argument. My argument is 80 dollars is nothing more then a day of work, and I purchase LCD every 5-6 years. This is my opinion if he doesn't want to spend the extra 80 I do not have a gun to his head.

Everyone is talking about the ability of the monitors to process movement. What about color accuracy. For those of us that do a little video and photo editing, color accuracy is important. Does anyone have any idea whether the Samsung is more accurate when it comes to colors?

Everyone is talking about the ability of the monitors to process movement. What about color accuracy. For those of us that do a little video and photo editing, color accuracy is important. Does anyone have any idea whether the Samsung is more accurate when it comes to colors?

Modern day LCDs are all pretty good in color accurate. And not to say that these are high end brands. And if you are true video/photo editor, you would but a CRT.

@rawmaterial: wow, great find; reviews don't look good though

That's my monitor, and haven't had a single problem at all. I just don't use the DVI, since I heard it dies easily. It has a great quality picture. To me at least.

The chimei is a 6-bit panel and can represent 16.2 million colors. I don't know what the samsung is, but based off the lack of specs on the item and the low MS time, I would say it is also a 6-bit panel and also has 16.2 million colors. If it was an 8-bit it would show 16.7 million colors. Not a huge difference as I would say next to no one can pick out the single difference between one red swatch to the red swatch directly next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom