Best 19 inch Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both those are real good choices. I have a Samsung 930B myself, which was one of the first 8ms ones to come out.

From my experience, CRTs are only better if you play all your games at 1024x768, which is sadly still the recommended resolution for most games, although some developers are finally starting to realize not every gamer uses a CRT and plays at 1024x768. If you don't mind playing at the native resolution (1280x1024), then you will love an LCD. This also means you will need to upgrade your graphics card much more often to keep up with the demands until 1280x1024 becomes the standard and cards get powerful enough to support for 1-2 years it as they do 1024x768 now.

Ghosting isn't a problem anymore with LCDs, anybody who tells you it is haven't used an LCD in a while. If you want to have the best image quality at 1024x768, definately go with a CRT (every CRT i've ever had looked bad at anything above 1024x768), if you dont mind playing at higher resolutions...nothing can beat a good LCD.

lol finally i find a owner of the mentioned monitors.

a few questions bout the samsung 930B

wut r the pros and cons that uve experienced with it so far?

Pros: Great color, great response time, very bright, very lightweight, very clear picture, very vibrant

Cons: Games look horrible at 1024x768, you must raise the res to the native 1280x1024.

Yes, if you want the best picture use DVI. You can get them online for pretty cheap, don't pay the $70 that retail stores commonly charge for them.

After upgrading to this LCD, I would never go back to a CRT, because the picture quality and clarity is so much better.

I just so wish game manufacturers and card manufacturers would start optimizing everything towards play at 1280x1024 instead of 1024x768...the time has come to up the standard.

By far the cooloest one ive seen is the new xerox one, although I do not know how it performs, it looks pretty and has a built in glass shield over the lcd pannel for a crystal clear look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom