Bent Pins = Damaged Temperature Sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Well my CPU pins got bent (I managed to bend them back in place and get it to work) and now, (reapplied thermal paste) I get 5-10 C lower temperatures... is the sensor damaged? or did I just apply the thermal paste wrong the first time?

before I couldn't run 2650 MHZ without reaching 65-70 C and now I can run 2744 MHZ at only 50-55

I've checked the temperature in both speedfan and easy tune 5

hmm ok, CPU's do turn off (pc) when they reach or near terminal temperatures before getting damaged right? I've been running orthos and checking temps and only increased by 50 MHZ max each time, so things should be ok...

When a CPU gets too hot, it might not shut off if thermal shutdown isnt turned on. You will have to watch the CPU and see if it gets hot or not. Orthos really tests the CPU and under normal conditions, the temp is lower.

When a CPU gets too hot, it might not shut off if thermal shutdown isnt turned on. You will have to watch the CPU and see if it gets hot or not. Orthos really tests the CPU and under normal conditions, the temp is lower.

ok, heh, well I'm glad in a way that the pins did get bent :p, I learned a valuable lesson about hot thermal paste, and now it has much lower temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom