Benchmark 2006 + GTX = Turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
As the subject thread explains,
( BTW I downloaded the new nvidia drivers version 158.45 )

I finally got my computer to avoid any BSOD for 1 hour by just using 1 ram stick ( so the other is probably bad ), however running 3dmark2006 with 1 stick of ram, I ran the 1st test well but toward the end my computer just suddenly turned off completely. I was thinking it was some overheating issue ( highly unlikely cause I have the vigor monsoon cooler and many case fans and the gtx stock fan seems to be running well ). I used CPUZ and CoreTemp programs to try to find my temperature of my video card, but they were only displaying the CPU temperature which seemed to be okay ( 20-30C ) but the Tjunction was 85 C ( don't really know what that is ).

Question is, any program to find the temperature of my video card ( since I suspect it overheating was the cause of the crash ), I tried getting ATI tool but it gave me the error "The Kernel Mode Driver does not seem to be running", anyone have any suggestions?

The software that come with the video card will tell you the temps. It sounds like overheating or CPU/Ram instability. Do you have anything overclocked?

nope everything stock, in fact my ram is set at the 5-5-5 timings instead of the recommended 4-4-4-12 timing crap

Hmmm, well I got ntune, card is at 74 Celcius right now, what kind of ranges should I be looking at during idle and load?

I dont even know if Ntune is right, says its idling at 74 celcius but that number is not changing so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom