Before I make my final purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lou

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I have everything figured out on what I want to get. Is there anything you guys would suggest changing/adding/subtracting? Also, I'm pretty sure this is 100% compatable, but let me know if you see so otherwise...

MotherBoard:
-DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor:
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

Video Card:
-ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Monitors:
2 qty
-Acer Black 19" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

Hard Drive:
-Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Memory:
2 qty = 4GB
-CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Optical Drives:
2 qty
-NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner

Sound Card:
-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Sound Card

Power Supply:
-Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Power Supply

Case:
-Thermaltake Kandalf Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Card Reader:
-Linkskey 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Black Card Reader/Writer

Total with $100 Mail in rebates:
$2,487.92

dude u dont need 4 GB of ram. XP uses most 3 GB ( 4GB will actually slow it down) and 2 GB is better than the 3GB cause its dual channel.

other than that. ITS GREAT!!!!
have fun, TAKE PICTURES AND POST BENCHMARKS!!!!!!

john3 said:
dude u dont need 4 GB of ram. XP uses most 3 GB ( 4GB will actually slow it down) and 2 GB is better than the 3GB cause its dual channel.

other than that. ITS GREAT!!!!
have fun, TAKE PICTURES AND POST BENCHMARKS!!!!!!

Agree'd

That's gonna be one sweet system. I couldn't agree more with any of your choices. Except the video card, I would prefer a 7900GTX, but that's just a personal preference.

Have fun with it!

Ok, thanks, I'll bump it down to 2gb, then. Also, is the Windows XP 64 better than just regular Windows XP? I heard it's supposed to take advantage of 64bit processors.

no dont get XP 64 yet, the main problem with them is that some drivers donts support 64bit so........no point. stick with 32 for now until the 64 catches on ( if ever). Dont get the 7900GTX, in a few months the G80s are coming out, save for that instead.

Big Lou said:
Ok, thanks, I'll bump it down to 2gb, then. Also, is the Windows XP 64 better than just regular Windows XP? I heard it's supposed to take advantage of 64bit processors.
Yes that's right, you will get better performance using Windows XP 64 combined with a 64 bit processor.

Check out this to read about the benefits of Windows XP 64.

wats the point of the benefits if some drivers dont support 64bit??!

stick with 32bit for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom