Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out? - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #61 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

I have yet to read a single person who has had positive experience with asus customer support, thus i will not give them any money. I know for a fact that evga has great customer support and i have had really good luck with my gigabyte boards so thats why i shy from asus. Also my p5k board was junk, and got returned.
__________________

__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
I have yet to read a single person who has had positive experience with asus customer support, thus i will not give them any money. I know for a fact that evga has great customer support and i have had really good luck with my gigabyte boards so thats why i shy from asus. Also my p5k board was junk, and got returned.
Exactly. Listen well: benchies dont matter. Customer support, company policies, return policy, bang for buck, overall matters.
__________________

__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #63 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Another thing to remember is that benchmarks are using cherrypicked items and do not represent what you will actually purchase.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
So benchmarks are not evidence? Of course how silly of me to think that...........
Peter clearly said Price per Dollar Benchies.. if it was... the Abit Ip35 has much more than that stupid Deluxe


u also always say: Corsair is crap, Fortrons are crap, Xclios are crap... when they are NOT... u've been here long enough to even look at the PSU Guide.. check some articles.. those are the best value PSU's (Corsair is good Mid-Range and High-end ones..)
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
Peter clearly said Price per Dollar Benchies.. if it was... the Abit Ip35 has much more than that stupid Deluxe


u also always say: Corsair is crap, Fortrons are crap, Xclios are crap... when they are NOT... u've been here long enough to even look at the PSU Guide.. check some articles.. those are the best value PSU's (Corsair is good Mid-Range and High-end ones..)
Corsair is not crap. The 520HX and 620HX are made by seasonic I just siad they will have more resistance. However the 450VX is not the best corsair power supply because its not made by seasonic.
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 1,693
Send a message via MSN to Vaanish
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

I dont know why your all getting on Deadpixels back. Modular PSUs DO have resistance problems:

Power Supply Myths Exposed!

Point 3.

ASUS are an excellent brand and they make excellent products. They are the biggest motherboard producer in the world for a reason.
__________________
MSI P35 Plat // 4GB DDR2 1033 // HD 4870 // Conroe C2D e6300 @ 2.5Ghz
Vaanish is offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #67 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaanish View Post
I dont know why your all getting on Deadpixels back. Modular PSUs DO have resistance problems:

Power Supply Myths Exposed!

Point 3.

ASUS are an excellent brand and they make excellent products. They are the biggest motherboard producer in the world for a reason.
By that logic then dell isnt crap. Dell must be the biggest computer company in the country(world maybe) for a reason. Just because you are big and make lots of products does not make your products good. Dell = crap.
__________________

__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering just a case, what to check? aetherh4cker System Upgrades 15 11-24-2007 11:30 AM
Best Buy or Amazon.com - Saitek Eclipse II atomic tofu Off Topic Discussion 8 10-26-2007 04:33 PM
Monitor Price Check, SDM-HS93 akasixcon System Upgrades 6 10-04-2007 02:00 PM
This is why you never buy a pre-built machine Brinson Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 4 09-22-2007 01:15 AM
where can i buy this?? Cheeseking25 New Systems | Building and Buying 21 09-06-2007 08:59 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.