Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out? - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhuang913 View Post
benchies are nice, but we have recommendations for a reason, because it is what is the most suited for the builds.
Right but in like all of these builds that go to 1400 everyone suggest the Abit when clearly the P5K performs better.
__________________

__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #52 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
Right but in like all of these builds that go to 1400 everyone suggest the Abit when clearly the P5K performs better.
benchies =/= real-world performance. benchies are suited to test a specific thing, not the system as a whole.
__________________

__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Because the p5k deluxe IS FREAKING EXPENSIVE. And my 680i might be a rebranded whatever, but its still have evga support, warranty and customer service, and costs 100 bucks less than the striker for the exact same performance. Do you work for ASUs cause you sure do like to kiss their ***.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #54 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

haha nice one ^
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
Because the p5k deluxe IS FREAKING EXPENSIVE. And my 680i might be a rebranded whatever, but its still have evga support, warranty and customer service, and costs 100 bucks less than the striker for the exact same performance. Do you work for ASUs cause you sure do like to kiss their ***.
No not really but the Striker would actually perform better than the evga 680I. But you guys always suggest this abit, when evertying points to the P5K Deluxe performing better.

And no I dont work for Asus.
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

why would u recommend the Asus P5k Deluxe.. its wayy more expensive than the regular Abit IP35... and who cares if it scores better.. its still a tiny amount.. its too futile to be worth the price jack-up..
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #57 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

He has to work for them.
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #58 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
why would u recommend the Asus P5k Deluxe.. its wayy more expensive than the regular Abit IP35... and who cares if it scores better.. its still a tiny amount.. its too futile to be worth the price jack-up..
Because it still performs better, sure it performs a little better I just wouldnt go with Abit.


And no I dont work for Asus no matter how many times you say that I dont.

Also I must work for Pc power and cooling because I say foxtron and xcilio are crap power supplies right?

And I must work for Nvidia because I say they are better than ATI>?
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #59 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
Because it still performs better, sure it performs a little better I just wouldnt go with Abit.


And no I dont work for Asus no matter how many times you say that I dont.

Also I must work for Pc power and cooling because I say foxtron and xcilio are crap power supplies right?

And I must work for Nvidia because I say they are better than ATI>?
I hear you use the word perform alot. But is there evidence, not benchies, of the Asus being better than the Abit per dollar spent?
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Before I Buy This Can You Check It Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhuang913 View Post
I hear you use the word perform alot. But is there evidence, not benchies, of the Asus being better than the Abit per dollar spent?
So benchmarks are not evidence? Of course how silly of me to think that...........
__________________

__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering just a case, what to check? aetherh4cker System Upgrades 15 11-24-2007 11:30 AM
Best Buy or Amazon.com - Saitek Eclipse II atomic tofu Off Topic Discussion 8 10-26-2007 04:33 PM
Monitor Price Check, SDM-HS93 akasixcon System Upgrades 6 10-04-2007 02:00 PM
This is why you never buy a pre-built machine Brinson Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 4 09-22-2007 01:15 AM
where can i buy this?? Cheeseking25 New Systems | Building and Buying 21 09-06-2007 08:59 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.