Been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but my psu is 3 years old and therfore has rghtful gain imo it cost me £60 and was Antec what more could I ask for.... Now it is ready to go into my next project which is a media centre pc (hardware prices drop so rapidly its hardly worth reselling parts. My £280 (orignally) 8800gts is now worth £45 according to the person I just bought an identical card from to form sli. Tech is a very hard hobby everything changes so rapidly!!!

Wow everyone's coming back :D

Whats wrong with the 3800+ X2 skt 939 ? Take a look at the graphics card rankings really helpful stuff over there.

I went form an Opty 165 which is better than a 3800 X2, and noticed a huge difference with my e7200 with the same video card. I went form played Oblivion at medium settings at 1024x768 to maxed out at 1280x1024 and that's not pushing it. My 3dmark score went from 8k to 11k ( stock speeds), just by switching the cpu, and switching the 7900GS in my old opty to a 4850 took me from 4k to 8k.

true but my psu is 3 years old and therfore has rghtful gain imo it cost me £60 and was Antec what more could I ask for.... Now it is ready to go into my next project which is a media centre pc (hardware prices drop so rapidly its hardly worth reselling parts. My £280 (orignally) 8800gts is now worth £45 according to the person I just bought an identical card from to form sli. Tech is a very hard hobby everything changes so rapidly!!!

Except for power supplies. A good psu will have several years of use, like a good monitor. A good psu is a good psu.

When I built this pc about maybe a year and a half ago it was meant for gaming and it still stands it ground with the 2nd gig of ram, but with all the new games coming out and direct x 10 being out for a while i feel old. My box is still very fast because I like to keep it clean and the past year or so i haven`t been doing too much gaming because off school. Now that I`m not going to school this year I want a new monster:D

i would not recommend a 500 watt psu for a 4870x2.. THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA

i will tell you now.. a 650 watt antec trio would not properly run my 8800gtx sli with an xfi and overclock q6600

so there is no way in **** a 500 watt is going to run a 4870x2...

i've owned AN INSANE AMOUNT OF HARDWARE.. and i know for a fact the 500-550 will not run it...

i recommend at least 650-700

and let me add on a 4870x2 uses more wattage than 8800gtx sli

That's why I recommended the 750tx. I don't think the 650 model has 2 8pin connectors.
Besides, if you want to add a second one at some point you don't want to have to buy another psu.

Trust me guys I`m not skimping on the power supply. The 750tx looks like a nice buy and it looks like it will last a while, maybe even until my next upgrade.

Edit: the 4870x2 looks like a freakin tank but I`m not too sure about a Biostar motherboard, aren`t they like mad cheap?

Good to hear. The other parts I listed are basically your default gaming rig for this generation. You can swap out the Q9550 for an e8500 if you want. You should be able to fit all of that in assuming you already have the case and monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom