Been sent a refund on my 6800 (£200 in my pcoket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Basically I sent my AGP 6800 (XFX) to overclockers.co.uk and they have sent me a refund of the original cost, which is £200. So what should I do with it? (Obviously a new GPU) but PCIE? and spend the money on the new board? a 6800gt AGP is almost the same price as a 6800gt PCIE with a new motherboard...

I can wait, as my friend donated a graphics card, nothing fancy, but it means I will get my good PC back (and off a P3 450mhz pc with a whole 64mb of ram. :p)

What do you think?

Thanks, Trif.

If you can wait, make some more money and go with 7800GT. You can unlock it into a GTX, and here in USA it saves you about 100 dollars.

Dude i just got the go ahead for a refund for both my psu and my graphics card.

Was yours messed up? Did they check it?

I will send it away tomorrow.

Btw, BUY FROM AMERICA!

The 7800GT there is the same price of our 6800GT here.

I ws able to put together a 7800GT SLI system on new egg for the budget i payed for my comp, I was just over by like £40. And thats with an upgraded psu aswell..

Yeah theyb checked it and comfirmed what I found was the problem. I feel as though I should buy from OCUK as they did give me a full refund... and including shipping, it will be pointless (and I will get it sooner from the UK.

The 7800gt is very tempting, but I have just spent alot of money on a new case, new PSU and water cooling. But it can be said as the cheapest upgrade that can be done for the performance increase... Or I could have £80 in my pocket from the refund - and get a 6800...

I need people to persuade me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom