Been reading up on Quad Core, few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saving up for .1nm architecture in 2030! Go big or go home

It's sooo going to destroy current quads

seriously why is anyone even building a computer now? Its so much more worth it to wait for 2030. The .1nm architecture is going to own quad core so bad...

I'm not saying to wait forever and this is true there will always be something better. However 45nm will be a big step for CPU's. Just look what happened when Intel first brought out the 65nm, crushed everything. The new Quad's will be native quads, run cooler, overclock better, and be around the same price. I will just say that right now would not find me buying a Quad just yet, considering a heavily overclock E2180 will game on par with a Quad at around 3.2ghz for a little while longer.

seriously why is anyone even building a computer now? Its so much more worth it to wait for 2030. The .1nm architecture is going to own quad core so bad...

but why did you build then?

and... thats PC World for ya.... things improve after you first hit that power button.....

However 45nm will be a big step for CPU's. Just look what happened when Intel first brought out the 65nm, crushed everything.

Actually it was the core architecture that crushed everything...Pentium 4 Preslers were 65nm and they sucked a fat one.

Actually it was the core architecture that crushed everything...Pentium 4 Preslers were 65nm and they sucked a fat one.

what p4 preslers? what are you talking about.. .you mean Pentium D Preslers (9 series) which were 65nm.. only 65nm P4's are Cedar Mill... also there were Pentium D 90nm's called Smithfields (8 series) those use Netburst including mine... and the Williamette's

but why did you build then?

and... thats PC World for ya.... things improve after you first hit that power button.....

if you can't tell I'm being incredably sarcastic...well then...your dumb :p

I would be 45 by the time I waited for 2030 :p

what p4 preslers? what are you talking about.. .you mean Pentium D Preslers (9 series) which were 65nm.. only 65nm P4's are Cedar Mill... also there were Pentium D 90nm's called Smithfields (8 series) those use Netburst including mine... and the Williamette's

I meant P4 netburst architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom