The Battle of the Thermal Compunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Battle of the Thermal Pastes.....

The Zalman cools better than the Arctic Freezer and really only a few coolers beat it. However as it's been stated in this thread the LARGE price difference between them makes it pretty much not needed to get anything like that. Unless you are a crazy overclocker the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 will keep you at a nice overclock (mines at 3.22ghz from 1.86) while still keeping you under the recommended 60 load (mines at 58-59 hah)

The important thing to remember is not just the make and model cooler used but how well you can keep all internal system temps down. Increasing the air flow by adding a fan or two more or even using larger case fans goes further. On an older system I used the Zalman 7000b model but too late when the previous fan on another cooler simply quit without warning.

You also have to clean all the dust out every so often since even the blades will see dust buildup on them. It always feels good seeing the temps drop back down after a good monthly cleaning. :D

The Zalman cools better than the Arctic Freezer and really only a few coolers beat it. However as it's been stated in this thread the LARGE price difference between them makes it pretty much not needed to get anything like that. Unless you are a crazy overclocker the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 will keep you at a nice overclock (mines at 3.22ghz from 1.86) while still keeping you under the recommended 60 load (mines at 58-59 hah)

Mine's at 3.15ghz, my loads are at 50-52C, but the ambient temp in my room is around 85. When it's a nice cool day, I'd say 70 out, my load temps drop to 44ish, so yes, I agree with kobe24...lower room temps help a bunch.

i use artic silver 5 and my q6600 is at 3.2 with tuniq at 59c load, so its gets the job done. i think artic silver is better than want they say it is

y has everyone been recommmending as5 when there are way better pastes out there. or ius this giude not to be taken seriously untill more evidence reveals?

Everyone recommends, AS5 because it is cheap and performs well, at transferring heat. The better ones are more expensive, and also not as common as AS5. Like the Liquid Pro. A tube of that stuff, cost $15 at performance PCs.

so howcome even the rich ppl here making a build havent had any besides as5

Most people don't know about it, because of AS5's popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom