Battle of the Cases - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

Default Re: Battle of the Cases

maybe you might like this case. dont know what the quality of their cases are compared to cm or antec.
Newegg.com - XCLIO 777 Black/Titanium Finish Chassis: 1.0 mm SECC&#59; ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Extreme Cooling PC Case - Computer Cases

Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jfenwick Send a message via MSN to jfenwick

Well, if you're not going to mod it then it really comes down to personal preferrence, all three cases move a lot of air. Their airflow systems/patterns from front to back are ideal, that being a lot more important than pure cfm power. I'd visit a local shop and take a look at all three in person. I haven't taken a peak at the thermaltake Speedo in person but the HAF is a nice stock case if you like a little flash, 1200 is a little cleaner of a look IMO, you'd be fine with either.

From my experience with literally dozens of cases I find that build quality at the $150 is mark is coolermaster>antec>thermaltake, although none are crap, they are all decent mid level builders. But not high end like the Lian Lis who have one of, if not the best quality builds out there. Am a big fan of all aluminum cases.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Yami, how loud are both those cases? E.g. in a quiet room watching a movie, if a quiet/silent part in the film came would I hear "vrrrrrrrrr" coming from either case much?
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

Really love my HAF can't say enough about it
Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Yami, how loud are both those cases? E.g. in a quiet room watching a movie, if a quiet/silent part in the film came would I hear "vrrrrrrrrr" coming from either case much?
I would have to say that the 1200 is quieter, however the fans have an option (user-controlled) to go much faster, up to that of a jet engine, while the HAF has large, slow-moving fans which make about medium noise (I can't really quote you a Db reading) but never get any louder.
But then my HAF has enough airflow that I don't need a fan with my HS, so I'm cutting out noise there.

However I've never encountered a high-performance case that you can't hear to some degree in the situation you describe. I can't say anything for the Lian-li cases though, they be different seeing as they are the gold-standard for cases.

Quote:
Really love my HAF can't say enough about it
Gotta agree with you there

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Old 08-31-2009, 04:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Yeah, I wasn't expecting complete silence from either case. I figure while I'm watching movies tho I'll dial down the fan RPMs as I won't need any massive cooling then. Modding the 932 fans with POTS won't be hard, so the 1200's fan control functions are great but not a dealbreaker.
Garrrh! which one to choose! The 932 is about 30 bucks cheaper, I think that'll end up being the deciding factor...

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Closed Thread