barebone vs. build

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianelliott

Solid State Member
B69-1400-main01-jc.jpg

hi everyone! i am going to build a computer. i am having a hard time deciding whether to buy all the components i want, and just build, or build one of these barebone kits. i want a saphire 6850 graphics card.

B69-1400 ::GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3 Thermaltake Barebones Kit - GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 Board, Intel Core i5-2500K CPU, Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM Kit, Patriot 120GB SSD, 24x DVDRW, Thermaltake V3 BE Mid Tower, Ultra 550W PSU(22.68 lbs)

this one would work i think, the power supply is good enough, the only thing is i would want more hard drive space, and i want the nzxt lexa-s case

B69-0520 ::GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 DiabloTek Barebones Kit - GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 Board, AMD Phenom II X6 1045T, Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 RAM Kit, Seagate 1.5TB HDD, 24x DVDRW, DiabloTek Mid Tower Case, 450W PSU(17 lbs)

again, i wont get the case i want in a kit, and this one has too low a power supply. if i do get a barebone kit, should i just sell the components that wont work, or what?

B69-0475 ::MSI AMD 990FX Battlefield 3 Barebones Kit - MSI 990FXA-GD65 Board, AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core BE CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM Kit, OCZ 120GB SSD, DVDRW, Corsair Mid Tower Case, 700W PSU, Battlefield 3 Coupon(32.5 lbs)

this one is good too, the processor is iffy, but it looks good. price is 700bucks

thanks guys! i dont know what to do

Barebones is just a pre assembled kit of parts, usually giving a savings.

You still have to assemble it yourself just like you bought each part individually. Theres no difference, just a bit of insurance the parts are compatible.

If the savings are great for the peivces you want... giver, but if not i'd not do it. You can pick and choose parts that will save atleast as much as theses kits.

B69-1400 - This is actually the price you would pay for if you were to order everything separately. That's a pretty short mid-tower case, a wonderful Gigabyte MoBo (Z68 chipset with 'alright' features), a shoddy psu, some regular memory, and a 120GB SSD. The rebate is pretty much your savings here. Not bad.

B69-0520 - Again, regular memory, and a shoddy psu. This one features a stunning Phenom II processor with a wildcard micro-ATX MoBo (its stats are impressive, but no SATA III). You get a 1.5TB HDD, which, in this case, is better than the other two builds in terms of space (you can always purchase a 32GB SSD for your OS).

B69-4750 - I'll just say, if you're going for budget, and you're going to be primarily gaming, hold off on this thing. You're not going to need an 8-core processor...

You may just want to buy them all separately. The prices Tigerdirect.com gives is exceptionally close to the parts separately, with most of your savings coming from rebates (even then it's only about $130-$150 savings at most). You can get everything you want for under $800 if you're going for a Micro-ATX build, which it looks like you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom