Bare bones or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys Im looking to spend 700 on a PC to play Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, WoW and Skyrim on High/ Very High

Is it worth it to build yourself still? I have a monitor (19 inches), keyboard, OS, and mouse. Any suggestions or opinions? 700 dollar builds? thanks :)

If you already have an OS then build, that $100 is one of the limiting factors of budget builds.

Rough build suggestion:

CPU + RAM: $162 AMD Phenom II X4 975 + 8GB Mushkin DDR3 1600
Cooler: $27 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
MB: $110 ASRock 970 Extreme4
ODD: $18 LG 24x DVD/CD Burner
HDD: $80 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
PSU: $80 Antec EarthWatts 650W
GPU: $180 HIS IceQ HD 6870
Case: $40 NZXT Source 210

Total = $697
The PSU doesn't come with a power cable, so you'll either need to buy one or use an old one.

If you think you'd eventually crossfire it might be worth the extra $10 for the Antec EarthWatts 750W.

I would build the personalization you get when you do it your self is outstanding. plus you know what your putting in there for you are more the "master" of your machine. with an OS and all that you can have something that is entirely yours. In the end you will feel better knowing you made it. Hope this helped ya out.

Thanks for the replies, love these forums :)

I think my own build would be best, does anyone have a suggestion for a 700 dollar build?

BTW I want to upgrade to a 22 inch monitor and play on a 46 inch LCD at times with the wife

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom