Bang for the buck (SOUND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
I'm currently interested in buying a sound card, I have up to 250$.
I'm looking for nothing bad or way to extreme, I want it to include the card, remote and front bus. What is the difference between the 2/4/X-FI series? Say x-fi series is 10/10 what is series 2 & 4?

Because soon I will be making a good pc and I want to start buying stuff now, no matter what I chose the sound card will still be a sound card. Like Both amd/intel have PCI slots for this feature.

Also what speakers are appropriate for a godly sound card such as the ones above?

Thanks fallas :)

I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic and it's a pretty sick card. However, it doesn't come with the front drive bay add-on. The Xtrememusic retails for $120, but you can probably scrape some better deals. Mine was a Halloween deal at $90. You can buy the X-Fi Xtrememusic front drive bay add-on seperatly if you want. I basically blew my three year old speakers with this card, so it is pretty powerful.

The Audigy 2ZS is high end too I believe, and those come with the front drive bay add-on. They are $200 I think.

Sick speakers? Logitech Z-5500. But I've been looking for them all day on the internet and I can't find them anywhere!!!!! I'm so frustrated right now because I wouldn't settle for anything less, and you shouldn't either if you want a nice sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom