Bad Temps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Sorry for the caps.

Anyways, I just moved all of my stuff over to my antec super lanboy, and now my cpu idle temp is 44-47:eek:

So basically I just need to know which cpu cooler to get. I think I will get the thermaltake blue-orb because it is big and is very quiet. Does anyone have that? If so how is it?

Thanks!
P.S. I will post pics soon. It owns.

I've been told numerious times I'm to carefull when it comes to temps but if your CPU isn't Overclocked that temp is not normal. I've got mine overclocked and it will idle 32C.

Please give your processor type, cooling for the PC currently used.

Newcastle core with stock cooling, non-overclocked. 1 120 mm fan in the back, 1 120mm fan in the front. Ambient room temp is about 72 F

hm, instead of the blue orb, get the older but still good zalman 7700cu one. or if u wanted the blue orb cause its..blue theres a zalman that glows blue. the reason i didnt suggest the CNPS9500 because i dont think its small enough to fit in that case. but look on zalman's website. think they have a chart to tell you what fits

lol cedjunior just got teh pwned by my uber |337 skeelz. JK (nice sig)

I have never touched the heatsink and I made sure it was properly seated when I installed it. Even so, I should check it, but I can't right now.

I took my heatsind and fan out just a while ago and cleaned it up (all the dust and crap) along with all the other fan/fan grills and my temp dropped a few degrees. I doubt that is your problem though.

Are you sure you applied the thermal paste correctly? You are only susposed to put a dab the size of a grain of rice in the center of the CPU, and then put the heatsink on it, and if you can, twist it in each direction once to help spread it out a little. Once you have put down the heatsink, you must not lift it up again. Otherwise you will have to start all over. Also, did you clean the old thermal paste off the CPU and heatsink? You must do that with 91% isopropyl alcohol. If the heatsink fits on the motherboard, it's compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom