Bad SLACRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had one I'd be happy with it at stock :D

LOL!

Me too....of course i dont benchmark or anything, I only play games and overclocking just foer a couple of frames in game does not seem worth it to me.

That said, I would like to have one running at stock also.

they probably just have very bad vid's, u get some abd and some good look at me and vdub, weve both got a vid of 1.2 which is great compared to the 1.35 most people have.

well the $200 q6600 have a vid or 1.35 so i wonder how much they could oc...?

I've NEVER heard of a g0 quad unable to clock to at least 3.0ghz.

IMO a "bad" g0 is one that needs above 1.45-1.475 to get above 3.5ghz

Even the worst b3 steppings had no problem getting to 3.0ghz

my q6600 has a vid of 1.2875 and i cant get it stable past 3.4 with a lot of voltage so i guess i mightve gotten a bad batch or something.
And when u mean stable, do you mean prime 95 stable?

just out of curiosity, on your Q6600 box, what does it say the max voltage is?

Mine says 1.35V - I'm wondering maybe if this is some sort of 'pre-open-box' indication of what the VID might be and maybe there's some sort of ratio to be observed... who knows. or do all Q6600s indicate the same max voltage..

My VID for my B3 is 1.275V

My B3 said 1.35v max voltage and the VID was 1.325. It did 3.6ghz stable on 1.475v and 3.84ghz benchable on 1.525v. This was on a P5B Deluxe as well.

My g0 quad had a 1.275VID and did 3.6ghz at 1.4v, 4.05ghz @ 1.56v :p also on my old P5B Deluxe...that was one good board.

My B3 said 1.35v max voltage and the VID was 1.325. It did 3.6ghz stable on 1.475v and 3.84ghz benchable on 1.525v. This was on a P5B Deluxe as well.

My g0 quad had a 1.275VID and did 3.6ghz at 1.4v, 4.05ghz @ 1.56v :p also on my old P5B Deluxe...that was one good board.

Yeah but how stable was it? I can boot at 3.6ghz with 1.45v and it'll run superPI, and games, but not prime at all. I have a VID of 1.3125 For it to be remotely stable at 3.6 I have to put 1.55v through it, and even then it'll randomly reboot (I think my MB might be to blame).

I think it's all a matter of the VID you get. I've never seen someone not be able to get past 2.8 though.

LOL!

Me too....of course i dont benchmark or anything, I only play games and overclocking just foer a couple of frames in game does not seem worth it to me.

That said, I would like to have one running at stock also.

well that stuff matters to me, but seeing as I would have gone P4 to Core 2 Quad, thats a major step-up for me and I would find OC'ing pointless for a bit (well if you call a few weeks :D)

Yeah but how stable was it? I can boot at 3.6ghz with 1.45v and it'll run superPI, and games, but not prime at all. I have a VID of 1.3125 For it to be remotely stable at 3.6 I have to put 1.55v through it, and even then it'll randomly reboot (I think my MB might be to blame).

I think it's all a matter of the VID you get. I've never seen someone not be able to get past 2.8 though.

What do you mean how stable? It's either stable or it's not....and I assure you it was stable. Did folding and priming

well the $200 q6600 have a vid or 1.35 so i wonder how much they could oc...?

my q6600 has a vid of 1.2875 and i cant get it stable past 3.4 with a lot of voltage so i guess i mightve gotten a bad batch or something.
And when u mean stable, do you mean prime 95 stable?

i doubt the sale is indication of the vid, i got my q6600 from ncix on sale for 250 when the average price is usualy 300$ and my vid is 1.2, there is no way for them to tell what the vid is unless they check it in core temp, so they cant just be selling 1.35 vid's for 200$ im sure its just an unlucky batch.

yeah Krazy, 1.35V is the 'max voltage' indicated on the box... I just thought it might be different from box to box, and though that somehow it would indicated VID in some way, but it most likely doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom