bad batch q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my newer batch q6600 could get to 3.2 with no voltage increase. for 3.6 the vcore had to be raised significantly and the temps were unmanegable with air. my VID was 1.30. its really the luck of the draw, man. if you dont have the cash for a 45nm quad, you will just have to get a 6600 and cross your fingers. or use our batch list and try and find a low VID on ebay.

the later batch q6700s will be no better than the q6600...in fact the only 2 q6700s I've had were the worst clockers of all....required 1.5v for 3.6ghz

sorry to be thick, how do i know the vid of something off ebay? email the seller and get him to get it or ?

Ask the seller or find out the FPO/batch code on the front of the CPU and look the VID up on the batch list.

VID will be different within the same batch but it should be similar.

VID is the voltage the cpu needs to run on stock settings right? So when OCing you should manually set the voltages and start with the voltages the same as the VID? On default it's on auto...

ok just ask someone and he sent me this
Intel '05 Q6600
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD
SLACR MALAY 2.4GHZ/8M/1 066/05A
i take it that aint what im after at all

no.

Ask them for the FPO/batch number...it's both on the front of the CPU and on the side of the box. Tell them it begins with L

well i got the number L738A888 doesnt match up with anyone from the list, google comes up empty to, just my luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom