bad artifacts...faulty video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denni0302

Solid State Member
hey all techies out there, last xmas i got a new graphics card, palit 6800GS super, my friend baron5 also purchased one in the same parcel. all his games run fine with no artifacts but i usually have problems, only a few games dont have artifacts. command and conquer 3, rainbow six: vegas, F.E.A.R and even mahjong titans have artifacts, just those triangle things joining from wall to wall or whatever. but now i really think its a hardware problem baron5 downloaded ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 multiplayer demo and gave it to me so we could play online together, but this is "way beyond artifacts" [quoted from baron5] i cant even see anything except big black blocks which are meant to be buildings and a lightshade on car windows :(

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x174/tmacnbaron/grawfukup.jpg

any help would b appreciated, thanks denni0302

EDIT:
my system specs are:
vista home premium
3.06ghz celeron d
1.5gb ddr440 ram
80gb sata hdd
palit 6800gs super
acer e661gxm mobo

Hey b1gapl,ste,sora or sum mods really need help since this is affecting me aswell.

i do not think it is a artifact problem since there has been no o/c done and the card was working fine at one stage. i do think it has become a hardware problem since we have reinstalled drivers direct x anything we could think of

That is not actifacts that is windows or driver related. Uninstall your video card drivers. Install the latest chipset drivers for your board. Install the latest Nvidia forceware drivers and try it again.

Look at the knife in this screen shot. This is artifacts

screen1.jpg

yes im awarre what artifacts are i just said this is not an artifact problem. we have tryed chipset drivers and then reinstalling forceware but nuthin still.

Maybe uninstall the display drivers, and reinstall the graphic card itself? Then reinstall latest drivers.

Hrrm just on certain games huh? How much do you have the card overclocked? If it's not the drivers I guess the only thing I could think of it being is possibly a hardware malfunction but thats very tough considering it does work on other games....re-install the drivers first.

i was wondering when denni was goin to put this up, bout time denni!

its not o/c and tired uninstalling and restalling everything but he still has problems with it poor fella. ive seen him play cnc 3 and its not pretty.

there has to be something thats wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom