"Bacterial DVD Holds 50TB"

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
THe problem w/ technology and today is exactly what you just said. To many people are frightened of it. They see stupid movies like I-Robot and such and get afraid of what might actualy come. I say go for, i love to see new technology.

well i-robot was dumb. I'm talking about the abuse of organic elements. We are crossing the line from steel and metal over into that of the grown and manipulated. I am infact thinking more of things to come yes, but regardless those things are just wrong...

i agree that we have to be careful about where we take new technology etc, but that is no reason not to explore these things at all. There will always be and has always been risks involved in developing new technology. The benefits easily outweigh them as long as we are careful about how we approach them. Using proteins to store information is not (proteins arnt even alive, no dna, no anything), in my opinon, taking things too far. Using bacterial cultures to harvest what they produce is by no means new in any case, we have been doing the same thing to produce large amounts of drugs more easily for many years.

if you think its immoral to use bacteria to harvest what they produce then thats your personal opinion. If you dont have a problem with that and it is allll about what could come in the future then i dont think thats any reason to shy away from something benefitial to us in the near future / present. You have to keep in mind that things dont have to go that bad route. New tech can do alot to benefit people as well.

You are supersticous, and people like you are what holds us back from space travel.

I WANT A ****ING SPACE SHIP ****IT!

The General said:
You are supersticous, and people like you are what holds us back from space travel.

I WANT A ****ING SPACE SHIP ****IT!

Hey i just want to fly. And i'm not superstitious...that's about like...socks on the wrong feet man. I just use my judgement and say when is this becoming overkill and obsessive and ultimately misused. Hey if a bunch of scientists want to make chips and what not that do crazy things..so be it. but I have my beliefs about technology and where it always ends up. technology will destroy us as we know ourselves. you'll say I'm crazy. you'll say im paranoid.

But if we can do it, would we have the sense not to? Have we ever said enough is enough? The question is isn't can we, its should we.

"ipod in my brain?!! what are we waiting for?!!" any teenage moron...

311 anyone? Evolution

well i-robot was dumb. I'm talking about the abuse of organic elements. We are crossing the line from steel and metal over into that of the grown and manipulated. I am infact thinking more of things to come yes, but regardless those things are just wrong...
Oh please give me a break. You think an alcoholic isnt "abusing" an organic substance? You think a heroine adict isnt abusing his substance? Everything everywhere is being abused in some form or manner. Our GOV is abusing its power ect. Im abusing my car by making it race and win blah blah. Its people like you who keep our technology in a standstill. A bunch of wooses in my book.

P.P. Mguire said:
Oh please give me a break. You think an alcoholic isnt "abusing" an organic substance? You think a heroine adict isnt abusing his substance? Everything everywhere is being abused in some form or manner. Our GOV is abusing its power ect. Im abusing my car by making it race and win blah blah. Its people like you who keep our technology in a standstill. A bunch of wooses in my book.

I'm sorry I missed the part of my post where I condoned all of those things. for the record this country is the most defiant, ignorant, technology worshiping and addicted group of people ever to walk this earth. Sure i like computers but I don't worship the ****ing thing like some people do.

I intend on staying human in this oncoming age of engineering, peacefully...or by force.

computing is a scientific medium, you either go whole hog or you don't, I'm sorry, but I find it rather disgusting that you ascribe to this, yet say such contradictory, meaningless things, out of some false belief that isn't even yours, you read it in a book, you had it hard-wired into you as you grew older, believe what you want, but those beliefs have no place in interpreting technological advancement, you have no basis, no facts, nothing, you cling to something "greater than yourself" because you can't fathom finding out your own reality, admit it, if the human race only ever had people like you, we'd still be in medieval times.

Thank you. You use a computer yet you say a coment like that? Ive seen less contradicting Baptists out there. I want this to evolve into something greater like posibly getting ourselves to another planet besides Mars, or possibly a galaxy. Not just for computers. I use a computer for internet and games, it dosent mean i worship it.

This thread should be in off topic.

But yeah... I seriously think it won't be long until a Cyborg is made public. The main backing behind it would be the military. Then it would have a trickle down effect into the public sector. Large companies would own them and major municipalites.

These cyborgs will be defending our nations, policing our streets, putting out fires, rescuing cats from trees...etc. Any job that is dangerous for humans will be done by machine. Humans that were replaced by cyborgs will become "cyborg relations". Basically taking care of each cyborg as an assignment.

lol- sounds crazy right? Terminator... Robo Cop... etc...
If you look into technology today, all of the pieces of this cybornetic puzzle are already on the table. Biological information systems, robotics, silicon chips in humans, mechanical prostetics, Human brains controlling computers, synthetic lifelike human skin... the list goes on...

These are all real technologies and it's simply a matter of time before they are all joined together.

Yep, one day we will be fighting a war, "Man against the Machine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom