Back and still no Rig lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's about you buy a 150gb raptor for os and games... and then your 1tb hdd for everything else... seems smarter to me

and no raid 0 is not going to be phased out.... its just not a smart choice to use raid 0 on two huge hard drives that carry data because failure rate is higher than using just a single drive without raid
but, if you are not planning on storring any important information.. the go right ahead and raid any two drives you want

i don't understand how you could possibly phase out raid 0... its going to be used forever.... and is even being used with current ssd's for 300mb/s read speeds!! NUTTY!

that... sounded like pure sarcasm.. and Mb or MB/s speeds? lol.. if its Mega bits well then.. that was surely sarcasm.. but if you meant MB/s then it wouldn't be .... . .. . .. .. 1011000101 1000101 0010101

I guess honestly even if I don't Raid0, the 160s are sorta wasted.... reason... after 5 minutes of thought.... is this

First HDD would have OS on it.. thats about it.
Second would have Swap File, "My Document Files" and the re-installation files, along with Anti-virus and Anti-malware tools, and any other 'needed' drivers and information, Dx, GPU drivers, sound, etc. Possibly a small section for backup of important documents, such as pictures and memories.

A third Large Capacity Harddrive would be used for Games and such. So I would have 3 HDD in total.

yes i meant mb/s

ssd's go roughly 150-180mb/s read times... which is just plain FAST

i am using one 30gb ssd for my operating system and this thing flys... thoug it only averages at about 140mb's... thats okay with me :)

and there was no sarcasm there.. none intended...

if u don't know how to use raid.. or want to go through the trouble... then get a 60gb SSD, or the 150gb velociraptor... then just 1 really large drive (your 1tb drive) for media (songs dvd and all that good stuff)

Iam using a 60GB now for pretty much everything and its getting rather full. only thing not on it is the OS which is on a secondary Harddrive. I don't even have the 'high end' games installed either... so would you include the games on the 60GB SSD, or put them on the TB?

Looking for fastest times and least lag really. Although almost anything is an improvement to what I have now

also for the SSD, which interface am I looking for?

Just for the record I run Fallout 3 with mostly high settings at 1280x800 res with my laptops 8600gt 256mb...

To be honest she'd be perfectly fine with a Decent C2Q, a 9800GTX+, 4gigs of DDR2, good mobo, 500W PSU, and a single TB drive.

but would that be future proofing much there aspire.comptech? I don't want to have to do another major upgrade for .. 5 years.

A Core i7 probably won't be considered fast in 5 years...

Instead of going overkill now, spend a bit less and then build a new rig 3 years from now and you'll wind up having a computer that is current and up to date enough to play or run anything for a lot longer.

If you can afford i7 I see no reason to go with a Core 2 quad. Core i7 is faster and as more applications can take advantage of 8 threads it will only get better. Also if you got a Core 2 Quad you would have no upgrade options while lga1366 will at least be used through Westmere.

oh iam going i7 there ain't no way not to now. lol. i7 or bust. and I don't mean the bust in front of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom