Back on my feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. Once again I am out of the loop. What is the 8800GTS rev 2? Will this be a firmware update for the already in use 8800gts's? Or is this a comepletly new card?

completley new card... and awesome aspire!!!

and from what i've heard.. not all games use SLi very well.. so 1 gtx will do me fine for 400 dollars...and for 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.. i will need a gtx or 2

haha i can just let the ram sorta dangle in my case... just so it looks pretty until its got a mobo to put it in... lol

and 1gb version.. hrm? gt? not gts? or gtx... whats going wrong with this world...

and my sig was changed.. so you can view em.. lol, ill make me a new one...

Thank you for the sig change.

From what I've heard there isn't going to be a official 1gb 8800gt and if someone does make one it won't have a big boost because it only has a 256 interface. I'm betting they make a new version of the gtx and maybe of the Ultra because I think the new 8800gts will be faster than the current ones.

Thank you for the sig change.

From what I've heard there isn't going to be a official 1gb 8800gt and if someone does make one it won't have a big boost because it only has a 256 interface. I'm betting they make a new version of the gtx and maybe of the Ultra because I think the new 8800gts will be faster than the current ones.

my thoughts exactly.. why would a company completely blow off their high end buyers? thats just retarded

but still.. i still think i am going to stick with the gtx... performance boosts could only possibly be 5-10 percent anyway... we'll see how things go by friday.. if the deal falls though.. and i cant get the gtx for 400... i may just buy the qx6700 instead...

but if i do fall into pressure.. very big if, i'll buy 2 8800gts.. because i can get em for 220 since a friend works at best buy

When you say 2 gts do you mean the 320mb or the 640mb? Even if its the the 640mb I don't think the extra ram will make them better than sli 8800gt even if you are using 1920x1200 resolution. Personally I would get a 8800gt or wait for the new gts. I'm thinking the new gts will give a decent boost in performance since the gt does so good and is suppose to drop to low 200's in a few weeks.

i mean two 512mb 8800gt's... not gts's

i can get em for 220 dollars each which is a very nice price

but still, after it all... gtx still sounds much nicer to me :) ... and i love that its like 11 inches long!! haha, just cuz it looks like a beast... so when you look in my case.. its like... ****... look at that.. and also the overclockability of em... and pcb that allows many different volt mods... i plan on hopefully buying a soldering iron or borrowing from a friend.. and starting in doing some of these crazy mods.. watercooling may very well be something i'm going to have to consider when doing these

Where are you getting the qx6700 from?

My friend max has one brand new that he's selling, not sure if he got it sold yet.

Let me know what you were going to be paying for it.

-aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom