Back on my feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i'm sorta on the way of being back on my feet...

and with that.. i've already sold away my goods.. all i've got left is:

Case: thermaltake armor
PSU: Antec True Power Trio 650 Watt
HDD's: 250gb WD Cavier, and a 74gb Raptor

anyway... i'm holding out on cpu and mobo because of the agena.. i wanna see where thats heading...

and with that said.. i don't see gpu's taking any HUGE changes anytime soon.... so w/ that, i may be in the market of buying a gpu soon...

i've been looking at the 8800gtx (yes, don't tell me about the GT.. i know) i want the best of the best.. buttt, i don't wanna buy it.. if the 8800gts rev is going to be better.. thats the only thing kinda holding me back.... is there any information on this yet... or a release date??? or even if gtx and ultra revisions will be made?

i saw the foxconn gtx for 485.. very nice price, and comes w/ a virtual drive program, which is always good (even though there are plenty for free anyway) and not only that its clocked at 615 mhz or something like that standard.. nice standard oc compaired to the rest.... so... is there anything going around speaking of a die shrink.. or anything for the gtx's???

and another card i have under the belt.. may be the rv670.. but weather i wanna give ATi another go or not.. is very debatable...

ulready done so... can't find any...

but i have found a 400 dollar gtx on craigslist from someone that lives near me!!! very considerable

I just don't see why you'd want to buy a GTX at this point... the difference between the GT and GTX is minimal and hardly worth almost double the price... definitely wait for the 8800GTS v2 it will probably beat out the GTX and come very close to the Ultra.

If you want to wait then wait for the 8800gts rev2.
If you have to have a gpu now, then get the 8800GT.
Dont mess with ati.
Wait for Phenom, good choice.
Today is short sentence day for me.
(iphone).

ya i was considering waiting.. but i plan on gtx SLi in my future

and gt... meh, i want more ram, i have a friend that works with apple and i can get a heft discounts on monitors.. so i'm looking at something bigger than 24 inches.. possibly a 30 once i get my birthday/chistmas money (dec 26the bday!!) along w/ some paychecks... so i want that extra memory

and hmammen, i definitely don't need it now.. but i would just like to buy it.. so i can get it out of the way... and for 400 dollars.. i'm sure thats how much the rev. will cost anyway.. so i wont complain about the gtx... but if the gts is given 128 steam processors.. i'll be pretty angry again.. but'll get over it.. lol

just received an email to the person i want to buy the gtx from, and great possibility of me getting it!! makes me happy! hopefully in a few weeks, i can find me another gtx around the price range of 400... if not, they have the foxconn for 485 on newegg which i can live with

I still think you'll regret it. The GT is close enough to the GTX and with a little bit more than you'd pay for that GTX, you can set it up in SLI and have your high-resolutions and killer framerates. It will slaughter the GTX actually, in SLI and even the Ultra, sure, you don't have an SLI board, just sell the one you have now and get an eVGA 680I LT SLI board. Of course, just wait a couple of weeks when the GT's start closing in on the $199 to $229 sweet-spot.

I would wait for the gts revision. I wouldn't be surprised if it beat the Ultra since a gt is close and the gts revision should be a decent amount faster than a gt. Personally I wouldn't even consider a gtx at this time.

BTW - are you ever going to change your naked family guy sig?
I would like to view sigs but I had to block sigs because I post from work and naked cartoon characters could get me in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom