b1gapl help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I used the rubbing alcohol on the heatsink and cpu, i didnt remove the cpu from the thing, I just rubbed it in the top of the cpu, the heat spreader where the thermalpaste are. was I suppose to remove it?

Trying to understand what you mean here....... Are you saying you left the Heat Sink ON the CPU, and just cleaned up the thermal paste that was squezzed out?

When I do this, I take about 1-2 hours to do it... Partially cause I have to take the whole SFF case apart to do it.... I get a $0.99 bottle of isopropyl alcohol from the grocery store. I have read that you use the highest purity of isopropyl you can find. I think my is 98-99% isopropyl alcohol (look at the ingridients).

Then you clean BOTH the surface of the CPU heat spreader, and the heat sink where it will contact the CPU. I usually clean them a bunch of times, to make sure everything is gone. Typically you use a dab of thermal paste about the size of a grain of rice. I use a touch more than that.

Waaaah omg. after having the computer turned off for about 3 hours or so. I just booted it up, looked at the BIOS temp and was shocked the temps were reading 53C.

Thats idle temp? waaahhhh!!! Hm...... maybe more time for the thermalpaste to cure? Whatever happened to less is more! :(

See what happens after a week, or a few days. If it doesn't improve, you might have reseated the Tuniq wrong.

See what happens after a week, or a few days. If it doesn't improve, you might have reseated the Tuniq wrong.

LOL hopefully it gets improved. Is it better for the computer to be ON or OFF for the thermalpaste to cure the best.

Besides, Im packing so no time for computer, and I will be bringing my rig to college :D

If this doesnt work right, Ill buy a good thermalpaste at newegg.

Speaking of which, can you tell me or give me a link from newegg's website the thermalpaste you would recommend that would work well with my cpu and TT120.

Ill try doing what you told me, just put a tiny pea size paste in the middle and then put the heatsink on top of it and then kinda twist it, this way, it would be evenly distributed because of the pressure and stuff. Just like playing with clay, it molds the shape of the cpu and makes a better contact with the heatsink.

But hopefully I dont have to redo this again. I'll bring a needle nose plier and a screw driver with me to school just in case haha :D

A pea size would be acceptable as well. Just as long as it's not some huge glob.

The heatpipes on my zalman are no different then room temperature to the touch and the temps on the cpu sensor read just fine... I think it was fine the whole time.

jesus pinoy 3000 just chill out man, your going to kill yourself with all this stress...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom