B-Day Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
So I've found myself with about $150 in my computer budget. Can't decide what to get though XD

Currently I have a coolermaster centurion 534 case, which leaves much to be desired. But it was cheap and works fairly well (with the side panel off) once I cut a blowhole in the top. All in all I'd say its a decent case, on sale for $43.99 at the time and I had a tight budget. I've been reading some case reviews and whatnot, found out about the new CM 690 II advanced.
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Case Review - Overclockers Club Doesn't seem like you can buy it yet, but I don't mind waiting. Though it seems the advanced version (with top hard drive bay and some other stuff) is going to be $99. Plus it's got room for two rads, so if I ever scrap together enough money for some water I'll be set. Also has lots of wire management holes, the 534 has basically none :p. Actually, the top HDD mount would save me going out and getting another SATA cable, another plus.

Other choice I was thinking of is the 40gb Kingston SSD. Newegg.ca - Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/40GB 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Solid State Disks 30gb is all I'd need, for an OS and the few games I play regularly. Though that'd mean I need to go back to xp or get a windows 7 key from somewhere to reinstall (only have the RC).

Anyone have any other thoughts? I'm sorta leaning towards the case since I pretty much came from nothing to this pc, so load times don't bother me at all lol. Rest of my pc specs are in my sig.

^^ In canada :p Border's only a 40min drive, but has be at least $30 cheaper to make up for the gas lol.

Edit: Nvm NCIX seems to have them too >.<, think I shoulda slept some more last night instead of looking for cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom