AUS PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddigan

Solid State Member
Hello Guys :cool:

First timer here, need some input on the following items i plan to put together
also im perth,australia so the prices are a bit high. my original system was bought 1 and half years ago i think pretty much when the intel quad core hit australian shores. Anyways here it is

Motherboard: p5b deluxe
Processor: intel QX6700
GPU:gigabyte 8800 GTX
RAM: 4 gigs of kingston DDR2 value series (pretty generic)
PSU: Silverstone Zeus 750w
Hard drives: 150gb WD 10,000rpm raptor and a WD 300gb HD

So the plan is too sell this PC back to the guy who built it for $800-900
but i will keep the hard drives,optical drive and the PSU. Builder was a bit of a stoner he put the GPU in the PCIEx2 slot and i didnt figure it out for about 6 months.Here is my dilemma tho with the HD and PSU in hand im trying to sort out a decent new system here is what iv come up with so far.

Motherboard:Mwave Australia: DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Motherboard, LGA775, Intel X48, Dual DDR2 1066, PCIe x16, SATAII, RAID, Gigabit LAN, USB, 8-Channel Audio, ATX, CrossFire

GPU: Mwave Australia: Gigabyte HD4870, 512MB GDDR5, D-Sub, Dual Dual-Link DVI, TV-Out, HDMI, HDCP, CrossFire, PCIe2.0 (GV-R487-512H-B)

RAM: Mwave Australia: GeiL DDRII 800 Ultra Dual Channel 2x1Gb Heat Spreader CAS 4 4-4-12

CPU: Mwave Australia: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400, 3.00GHz, Dual Core, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache, Socket LGA775, Wolfdale 45nm (BX80570E8400)

CASE: Mwave Australia: Antec "Nine Hundred" Tower Gaming Case with Side Window - Black, No PowerSupply, 9 Drive Bays, Top mounted 200mm exhaust fan, Top USB/IEEE1394/Audio, ATX

or

Mwave Australia: Cooler Master Stacker 830SE, Silver (RC-830-SSN3-GP)

And for the cooler i cannot find a Xigmatek 120mm rifle around here so im not sure what a good alternative would be i was thinking the Zalman 9700.
I want to try to overclock hence getting the DFI lanparty (also matches the rams pretty colour :happy:)

The ram is another problem, i dont know wether to get the Geil DDR2 800RAM or the G.skill DDR2 800 RAM :confused: . Reading up on the newegg reviews it seems the Geil is pretty decent for overclocking yet the Gskill is alot more popular. Oh well im hoping you guys can help me out with this, i do not want to make a big mistake that will compromise the whole system!

yeh well its doing alright now, but if i dont sell it soon it will be worth nothing so i just want to step up too ATI again. Plus i want to build my own pc, oh and for the processor i never realized why it was so pricey i mean i didnt know the what the whole Xtreme thing was about i just thought there were the only quads that came out first. Thing is i can get a dualcore that would probally outperform it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom