Attention Evga 680i owners: please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
If you have registered your 680i board at Evga.com, you need to go there now. Evga is offering a 60 day promotion (not sure when it began but i show 60 day countdown) to upgrade your 680i board to the new 780i board. This includes shipping back to you. Not sure what the retail price is on 780i boards but it might depend on what you paid for your board. The price quoted to me is 89.99 to upgrade my board.

www.evga.com Was on the front page when i went there.

Just did a search to see if anyone even has 780i boards, and no one has them in stock yet. Some places have them listed but show them as backordered. Newegg doesnt even have them listed yet.

Ooo, nice :)

When are these 780i boards supposed to hit the market? All I can find is mid November.. late November.. early December.. it keeps getting pushed back.. any concrete info on a new release date?

Well they better. I mean, people who bought 680I boards to only find out that the Yorkfields wouldn't be compatible must've been ticked off. I think EVGA's obliged to do this.

Not sure, but i would say the easiest way to do it is just log in and see if the option is offered to you. If it works the same way as my video card stepup did they will just email you when they have one in stock ready for you, then you send in the old board. Sadly no cross shipping, so you'll be down for a week or so to do it. Also, im not sure about the pricing. 90 bucks + my old board + shipping is going to make the 780i over 300 bucks :( But then again, i'd be hard pressed to sell my 680i for the same price as i paid new. So taking that into account, plus the hassle of selling it and hoping the payment comes through it works out.

Sometimes you just have to figure in what the price of your time is worth vs the ease of sending it in and getting a new one.

u guys deserve it, wonder if it'll let you overclock as well as the 680i (its funny we used to hate 680i's but now we're seeing them overclock better than p35 and some x38 boards)

Well i took the battery out of my 680i when i went home for lunch, so it will have been out for a good 4+ hours. I emailed evga tech support because i'm about 90% sure im going to have to rma my board. Hopefully they'll let me just rma my old board and pick up the 780i all in 1 fell swoop rather than having to rma and wait for the 780i.

The 780i has pci-2 2.0 and 3 16x slots. In theory it should be everything that the 680i never was. Also the 780i will support the upcoming 45nm quads. The 680i boards are only going to be able to handle 45nm duals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom