ATi's DX10 R600 Performance Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/46767/ATi_s_DX10_R600_Performance_Leaked

"The following massive 12-page article, including lots of benchmarking of the R600 and GeForce 8800GTX, shows who did his homework better during the last months of the never-ending fight between ATI and nVidia. First of all we need to say that ATIÂ’s R600 is not available to the public market yet (while we do have a certain certification sample), while nVidiaÂ’s G80 (better known as GeForce 8800) hit the stores already. This was a smart move from nVidia in the short run because they were able to catch the christmas market; however, in the long run the additional research invested in the R600 might not only catch up to the G80 performance, but take the GPU crown captured by nVidiaÂ’s current flagship"

hmmm.....so it seems after a long wait, it will be worth it......the R600 outperformed in almost every game and 3dmark test, with the crossfire x1900xtx following closely behind. It was dissapointing to see the 8800GTX usually come in third in all the tests. I may have to look at this card harder then i thought once it comes out, and in the near future my avatar may be that of "ATI":bald:

BOOYAH!

its nice to be validated :)

edit: i'm def waiting for the ddr4 version... its gonna rock. (enter nvidia fanboi telling me its all speculation till it happens)

omg, is that a gig of vid memory!? oh momma!

What's the street price of the R600 going to be?

And yeah, I think I'll wait until March at least before I pick up the revised edition.

OK I don't think you can take these results seriously (yet). The ATi R600 was tested on a C2D Q6700 system whereas the other card results were from an AMD FX-60 system. The 8800GTX used older drivers than available, which is forgiveable since the R600 drivers are only beta versions, but using different systems for videocard benchmarks makes the whole test unreliable. More so because Level 505 are AMD biased, though I do not question the authenticity of the benchmarks.

In truth I think there would be very little to no difference with the 8800GTX. We'll just have to wait till the card actually hits the streets and more benchmarks turn up where the 8800GTX and the R600 can be compared more accurately.

Phrantic said:
What's the street price of the R600 going to be?

And yeah, I think I'll wait until March at least before I pick up the revised edition.

"If you just bought a GeForce 8800, especially the GTX version, you might want to return your card on January 22nd when ATI R600 cards become available throughout the US at 630 USD (MSRP Price) which roughly equals the current price for a GeForce 8800GTX."

it was on the first page

lol...that would be funny if, nvidia started seeing return requests...

nvidia will probably release a 8900 or 8850 right before the revision of the R600 (total speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom