ATI vs Nvidea... Learn me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those bashing the 9600GT. Yes it is a "mid-range" card, but it is most definitely not crap. It is powerful enough for maximum settings in nearly every game but the likes of Crysis and Age of Conan. I've used it in Crysis and COD4 with high detail in crysis and everything including AA and AF maxed out in COD4 with 70+FPS.

Yeah if you have an sli board grab a second 9600GT, that would be the cheapest way to get the performance you want. If you dont have an sli board then get either a 4850 or 4870.

It is powerful enough for maximum settings in nearly every game but the likes of Crysis and Age of Conan. I've used it in Crysis and COD4 with high detail in crysis and everything including AA and AF maxed out in COD4 with 70+FPS.

What resolution was that at?

But another computer gu-ru buddy of mine mentioned that NVidea cards are some of the best on the market.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Out of all the companies, Nvidia is in last place! If you're the optimistic type though, they're only one place out of first.

I'm running a 20" Viewsonic widescreen monitor. So the screen itself is set to 1680x1050, that's what the monitor advised for best resolution.. I think I set the game to something close to that... Not sure, I haven't messed with it in over a week.

From what I gather:

4870 (CF or x2)
or SLI 9600's?? (I've got the OC'd edition 675m, EVGA, GeForce)

I'm building a new rig soon for dual cards.. I just want good gaming, nothing TOP NOTCH, but nothing mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom