ATI vs Nvidea... Learn me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I was telling my buddy that I can play Cyrsis no problem w/ my 9600GT EVGA 512 (OC'd) card, but COD 4 is a darn SLIDESHOW!! :freak: (I read into it on here and apparently it's a FPS conflict w/ the game)

He gave me the shpeal that the NVidea cards are really picky and told me that I should have gotten an ATI card. But another computer gu-ru buddy of mine mentioned that NVidea cards are some of the best on the market. I was gonna get another 9600 and SLI 'em once I get my new board and CPU.

Granted I'm an AMD user, but does that really matter?

What's the big difference here?? Not tryign to start a war, I'm just looking for information to make up MY OWN mind. -And maybe have some arguing points w/ my buddy..

they are both good but the 9600GT is not really all that good for gaming, but that is kind of weird that you can play crysis fine on it but not COD4.

Well first off its Nvidia :)

Anyways both brands should work fine. I would suggest upgrading your drivers because you shouldn't have a problem with either game as long as you didn't turn every setting to the very highest it goes.

COD4 should run better than Crysis unless you have AA on COD4 turned all the way up or something.

Grabbing another 9600 would be great. I heard the 9600s do really well in SLI mode together.

There is no way to know who is better, but right now ATIs cards have the lead.

The reason you have crappy gameplay is because you have a crappy card. The 9600 is midrange so expect midrange performance. If your motherboard is an Nvidia chipset (680i 750i) then you can grab another 9600 and you will be paying on par with a Radeon 4850. In other words you can max out COD4 at 1280x1024 and get about 80fps.

If you have an Intel motherboard then I would suggest you get a card better suited to gaming. Depending on what resolution you play at a 4850 could be a good match for you.

I run a 7950gt and I get 60+ fps in COD4. It isn't a real demanding game, mine runs fine with AA and everything maxed out.

until you run into a smoke grenade....
and it also depends on your resolution how demanding it is. MP i get around 60-70 FPS with 4xAA and high AF. smoke brings my gts to its knees at 1920 x 1200...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom