ATI tool problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I am installing it on windows vista 64 bit and every time i run it it says "The Kernel mode driver does not seem to be running."

It says "A device driver is required for communication with your video hardware."

"If you just upgraded from an older version it may help if you uninstall ATItool, reboot, then install the new version."

Just got this computer so atitool has never been on it. Not sure what to do.

ATiTool doesn't really like Vista x64 (requires signed drivers). Use RivaTuner; much better IMO.

Ah okay thanks. Well... I just ran 3dmark06... And my score seemed pretty low. I'm not sure how to actually save it to show, but I got an 11,269.

I had gotten like a 6,000 with my athlon x2 and an 8600gt. I thought I would see a much bigger jump than that. My current specs are in my sig, but that seems awfully low.

On the first test, Return to proxycon, I averaged a low 32fps and dropped at time to as low as 18-25 during high intensity scenes.

On the cpu tests, the first I averaged .99fps and the second I averaged 1.57. How does that compair to similar cpus? I am going to do some stress tests later and overclock, then try again. I'm just not sure how much I should push my cpu w/o an aftermarket cooler. (I do have 3 120mm fans, and a big fan on psu (750tx) blowing right onto cpu).

Going form 6k to 11.3k is a pretty big jump. The HD 4850's don't do particularity well in 3dmark06 so that might explain why your score is lower than you expected.

Zmatt got 11.1K in 3dmark06 with a stock e7200 and stock HD 4850 so your score seems abut right.

ah darn. I was hoping to get into the 14-16k range. Maybe once those 4850s come down in price I'll have to grab another one.

Ya, the HD 4800 series were reciprocal's to their predecessors.

Now they own at Gaming and aren't as good at Synthetics, HD 3000 and 2000 series were opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom