ati radeon x850xtpe, asus radeon x850xt pe, visiontek radeon x850xt pe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
macdude425 said:
Some are higher quality than others, etc.

Be forewarned, most members here are going to try to convince you to jump ship to nVidia, because of ATI's poor cards. Be prepared to look like a total idiot if your only defense is along the lines of "i like ati more".

Im an ATI Fanboy and i still recommend he go with Nvidia :p

geforce 7800gt + motherboard

socket 478 :(

If i wanted a 7800gt+ new motherboard for a pentium 4 ht 3.0ghz (socet 478 according to everest) what would be the best option? and how much would it be cheap mobos are fine cause i dont overclock :D

p0werslave said:
Despite what others say, the x850PE does out perform this card, but from what I've heard the 'drivers' suck for the card, and nVIDA's are way better.
of course it does, that's because the X850 XT PE was ATI's top end card, and the 6600 GT is a mid-end card. although sometimes the 6600 GT does get pretty close to it.
p0werslave said:
Everyone on this forum keeps flaming the ATI x8** series because of the pixel shaders and benchmarks and not being compatible with games. This must be a reason why all computer magazines I subscribe to, pcgamer, maximum PC, and computer gaming world all review these cards and they have absoloutly no problems with them during testing, including 3D mark blah blah blah
that's because 3dmark is used in practically every benchmark. and it's a well known fact that 3dmark prefers ATI cards, especially 05.
in real games, the 6800's and 7800's are the better cards.

beedubya used to be an X800 Pro user. let's just say he much prefers the Nvidia cards.

What you lot on about! ATI X800 series is a perfect balance between price and performence. I own a gecube X800GTO myself and it runs everything full detail and smoothly. I bought it for only £80. It's a bargin. I do agree that saphires and powercolours X800 series cards aren't that good but there not that bad. The ATI drivers have no problems that i can find. ATI's crossfire is better than SLI because you can chose many ways to use the two graphics cards, you can have two graphics cards of a different make and it's supposed to be faster. SLI is ok but it's main draw back is that you can't choose to have quality ehancements wth having the two cards. I reccon that at the moment ATI's best manafacture's gecube. They do good ATI cards.
When it comes to ATI v Nivida i think that ATI is good for price- performence cards like the X800GTO and Nivida's good for extreme performence cards. ATI is working on decreasing the costs of graphics cards and increase the hz which the core and memory run at and nivida are working on increasing the amount of pixel pipelines and other technology's such as pixel shader 3.0 on nivida cards where as ATI uses the older pixel shader 2.0. So main thing get ATI if you are on a budget and get Nivida if you want amazing performence

actually, the new drivers are supposed to let you use 2 different Nvidia cards in SLI

and I disagree that ATI is trying to bring down the cost of cards. they're just struggling against Nvidia, so they have to put the prices down to compete. although the X1800's are still pretty expensive.

I really can't understand so many of you whom continue to put down the x800 series.

I have an Sapphire X800XT PE. I've had nothing but great experiences with this card. It plays every current game very, very well. I play almost everything at the highest settings and resolutions. Framerates are very exceptable. With a P4 3.4Ghz & this card i score roughly 6200 in 3Dmark05 at stock speeds with the latest drivers. If I overclock, which this card does pretty well, I can pick up another 150-200 points in 3Dmark05.

Now, yes... Next year with UNREAL2007 come and other games using the UT ENGINE 3... I'll need an upgrade. But, since this card came out... it's provided me with a great gaming experience. So I don't know what all this talk is always about. It plays games well, that's what I really care about.

AND DON'T EVEN START TALKING ABOUT - "Shader Model 3 fanboys. Because it's been proven that not even the new 7800 series really supports Shader Model 3. Yeah, that's right... 6800 & & 7800 series DOESN'T SUPPORT SHADER MODEL 3. If you need proof i'll provide a few articles for you to weep over.

Here's one:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27084

Well, ATI's new cards don't pass the test either. They don't include some vertex shader 3 paths, so it looks like both sides have taken shortcuts.

And why do ATI fanboys slobber over 3dMark05 so much? Every ATI fanboy post is all about 3dMark05. WHO CARES! I use 3dMark05 to make sure my PC is running up to par, but NOT to try to persuade people to buy my card. Thats something only ATI fanboys do. Try stacking that card up against a 6800 Ultra or 7800 series card in a real game like FEAR or CoD 2.

I'm not trying to sell ATI cards dude. And I'm using 3Dmark05 scores as a reference, not a performance measurement. The score justs shows that the card can handle complex tasks that are demanded by todays games. And no where in my post did I compare the 6800 or 7800 series to the X800 series. And yes, you're right none of the ATI cards support Shader Model 3 either.

Listen, I'm not a freakin' fan boy ok. I like both companies. I really don't care what the heck the name is inside my PC. As long as it plays my freakin' games, that's all I care about. Isn't that why you buy a video card? To play games? or lol - watch movies or use video intensive applications?

I'm not going to stack my card up against anything. Why? Because right now I have only one card. I don't care how it stacks up against another card. As long as it stacks up against my games, that's what i care about. ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE in this thread and every thread ever, that has to do with ATI & NVIDIA, only seems to care about which card can out "piss" the other. The arguements are always the same. They never end. They never will.

If your card plays games well. SWEET! Great! That's all you should care about. If it doesn't, save & upgrade to a card that will.

Lol let teh E-Penis comepetition begin! hahah. I dont dog the X800 series that much because my friends X850PRO can slmost catch up to my 6800GT stock. The only thing i don tlike them for is the price/performance issue. Your X850XTPE cost a hell of alot more than my 6800GT did and i can play games as well or if not better than you. That swhat i think about. Now whenever i had my 5600ultra i was wishing i had my moms 9600XT because ATI owned in that generation. So not all fanboys are biased i just prefer Nvidia but i would gladly tell it like it is if ATI is in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom